Please welcome my son John!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
i think that my father and I are similar when it comes to cars, we like to have what no one else does....and as he was explaining to me the other night not very many people have a v8 in a supra which makes that unique

but im still not sure what i want to do or what decision is better

Are Supras common out there? You already have a car that is rare!! :D You are going for the SUPER unique then, heh. That's exactly why I did the 1UZ in my Tacoma. Plus my little 4cyl 3RZ didn't have the oomph. But you already have a super solid engine in that car!

You could probably get some really good money for that engine if you sold it - that should easily pay for a decently modded 1UZ. I have a feeling you would be building a turbo 1UZ right? Sounds like your mind is already made up... plus with a little help from the ol man you will have one rippin engine.

ive been at Tinker AFB for about year now

the first day i arrived here which was oct 08 i saw another black supra just like mine

3 months later i see the same color of my dads and after that i saw a white one

just a couple weeks ago i see another one! another black one!! i was warming my car up and he came around with his to introduce himself

there are atleast 3 or 4 maybe stationed at the AFB

Are Supras common out there? You already have a car that is rare!! You are going for the SUPER unique then, heh.

You could probably get some really good money for that engine if you sold it - that should easily pay for a decently modded 1UZ. I have a feeling you would be building a turbo 1UZ right? Sounds like your mind is already made up... plus with a little help from the ol man you will have one rippin engine.

Pretty rare in Houston, but nearly everybody who has one, already has it singled. As JJ says, there at Tinker, there are several of them!

I thought it would be interesting to have both a turbo'd and a supercharged Supra in the family and compare the driveabilities. Of course it wouldn't be a fair comparison because his is an A/T and mine is a 6spd.

Aerotop, nice, just like mine. I say first step has to be a manual conversion!

Id keep the 2JZGTE to be honest, massive power potential and rpm potential and very known path to whatever power you want.

JJ's been wanting to convert his to a 6spd, but I think one trip in mine in the stop & go traffic of Houston, plus trying to hold it steady on an incline, or get it launched from an incline, with cars behind him would probably cure that.

I think if I ever was looking for another one to buy, I'd favor the A/T over the 6spd now.

Keep the TT as it is and get a SC400 and play with. Saw one today one ebay for $750 with no reserved and no bid. It has little electrical issue and only 4 miles from my place.

What are we gonna do with an SC, David? Neither one of us plays golf! ;)

Sounds like he is "the right stuff", better looking than his dad too ! You have done something right John.

Definitely gets his looks from his mom. His hair too! ;)

The good look wasn't from senior for sure... :)

Right you are, David; see above

Black on Black!! Sweeeeeeeeet ride. I love Black Supras, and Black SC's as well. Very nice.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, it used to have that nasty tan interior, but we "fixed" that the summer of 2008.

That car is almost too nice to modify heavily ya know? It's more like a touring car with the automatic tranny. I think you guys need to build a race car.

Ryan, watch my V12 thread; hopefully some interesting stuff will be happening with that this year.

Senior, you're a texan that lets your boy move to OK?

glad to have both of you here,
and JJ, your dad has an amazing wealth of info to share

Hehehe, one of his best friends drew a posting in Las Vegas, another one in Hawaii, and what did he get? The middle of Oklahoma...... but that kind of luck seems to run in our family. After all, I've been working in the middle of the world's biggest sandbox for the last 10 years :)

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome extended to JJ; much appreciated.

..I thought it would be interesting to have both a turbo'd and a supercharged Supra in the family and compare the driveabilities. Of course it wouldn't be a fair comparison because his is an A/T and mine is a 6spd.

JJ's been wanting to convert his to a 6spd, but I think one trip in mine in the stop & go traffic of Houston, plus trying to hold it steady on an incline, or get it launched from an incline, with cars behind him would probably cure that.

I think if I ever was looking for another one to buy, I'd favor the A/T over the 6spd now...
A family of supercharged Supra and a turbocharged Supra is what no one ever has. I've been wanting to have a supercharged M112 SC400 and a turbocharged SC400 (already done), but the chance is very slim. Just thinking about having both different applications on the 2 same cars can make anyone lose some sleep.:eek:

Boosting an A/T with the V8 will need the tranny rebuilt either by Boostlogic, IPT, or half IPT and half Alto like mine. Just press on the gas and go.

I drive an Acura Integra everyday (until my truck is rolling of course) and I have an automatic in it and I LOVE IT. The car is super lightweight and it takes off very well. I think once you have some quality time in any car with an auto you can make it drive very fast by anticipating the shift points. I'm pretty dangerous in mine as I can predict exactly how much throttle to apply to get it to drop down and launch forward at any speed now. There is no way I would want a manual transmission shifted car for everyday driving... unless it's a Ferrari or Porsche :D. I wouldn't run a pristine Supra hard on the track since I'm not looking to win any races. Everyday driving = Automatic. Save that extreme need for speed for the track only cars! Once you go to the race track you realize HOW SLOW street cars are. You gotta get to the track and then you realize that you just want a touring type car for the streets to be comfortable in during your commute or road trip. I would say the Supra and NSX would be my #1 pick for that type of car. Save the tranny conversion money for a 1UZ to beat on if you want to go that route. :) IMO at least.

Can't wait to see some forward progress on the V12. *drool*

Please welcome my son John

well there is like 4 people still

mmmm, i have the installation for kong but i cant be bothered downloading it....