Please help.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Can anybody say why I'm having so much trouble getting my transmission and engine to bolt together? Every time I have to split the two they just don't seem to want to go back together, it goes most of the way in but then suddenly starts to bind and ends up trapping the flex plate if I try to go any more. I had so much trouble last time it bent the flex plate, so I parted them last night to straighten it and once again can't get them to marry. Looking at the splines on the gearbox tonight I noticed they seem to be worn away and discoloured (blue as if submitted to quite a lot of heat) for maybe 15mm or more at the gearbox end ie: furthest from bellhousing mating face, I'm guessing they're not machined that way. Do you think this could be what's causing me so much hassle and if so what possibly caused it as the tc splines look ok?
Thanks, Lee.

Hi Vince, didn't notice you'd replied. I'm guessing I should be fitting the tc to the box then and not leaving it on the flex plate (oops).

Yup.
There are different sets of splines inside the torque converter that need to be aligned before the transmission can be fitted to the back of the motor.

It seems so obvious now, just never gave it a thought before with only ever splitting engines with manual boxes. Could have saved myself so much time and hassle, not to mention all the expensive oil on the even more expensive block paved driveway (what a dumbass lol) :(