Pajero V8

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Just a brief update , have put in a new battery . The two I had weren't holding their charge . Moved the fuel pump ( but still thinking I may put it in the engine bay now that one battery is gone) . Have a petrol model brakebooster to try out as I'm thinking that the deisel version I had isn't working properly due to not enough vacuum. So overall the Pajero is still in the experimental mode right now.

hi pajman I have just discovered this forum and you seem to very clued up on the mitsubishi triton /lexus v8 conversions. I have a 98 mk triton 4x4 3.0 litre v6 and would love to install a lexus v8into it. just wondering if you could explain how to go about it to avoid as many pitfalls as possible,i would like to use a 5 speed manual gearbox out of a 95 series toyota prado,would this bolt up to the lexus v8 reasonably easy ? or is there something better that i could use . i would like to end up with a cruising rpm of around 1800 / 2000 if possible.any assistance you could give me would be very much appreciated.thanks mate...................

Mick,

You may find 1800-2000rpm too low.

My Rover cruises at 2100 and I'm going to change the diffs to get it up around 2600 as there just isn't enough torque at 2100 to pull nearly 2 tonne of truck around.

I tend to drive everywhere in 4th rather than use 5th as it just struggles too much.

hi pajman I have just discovered this forum and you seem to very clued up on the mitsubishi triton /lexus v8 conversions. I have a 98 mk triton 4x4 3.0 litre v6 and would love to install a lexus v8into it. just wondering if you could explain how to go about it to avoid as many pitfalls as possible,i would like to use a 5 speed manual gearbox out of a 95 series toyota prado,would this bolt up to the lexus v8 reasonably easy ? or is there something better that i could use . i would like to end up with a cruising rpm of around 1800 / 2000 if possible.any assistance you could give me would be very much appreciated.thanks mate...................
Haha not that clued up mate ... You might be able to source an adaptor from South Africa , they seem to do a lot of Lexus conversions there I've heard they do a manual adaptor for $700 odd for the Pajero manual box .
Good luck with your conversion . I've got a friend on Facebook whose done a manual Pajero one I'll see if I can find the info he had