Oxygen Sensor location on turbo cars

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

edz

What's the thoughts/experience on o2 sensor location - I was told to fit mine no closer than 1000mm (39 inches) as they will run too hot and overheat, requiring regular replacement? I ended up mounting it 750 mm (30in) from the turbo. I'm running a WBo2 dual wideband unit with external display and I'm worried that the sensor location means they will be a bit too far away for everyday driving and respond too slowly?

While I have it all apart again, it's easy to throw a couple of extra bungs on and locate them closer - I've seen cars with them 150mm (6 in) from the turbo - any thoughts? I've attached a pic - found a good article on this on the Techedge site - http://wbo2.com/lsu/lsuinstal.pdf.

Here's a screen shot of the installation recommendations from the AEM dual wide band controller manual. They're saying put the sensor bungs "at least" 18" from the exhaust ports.

However another important point is to not put the sensor(s) in the lower half of the piping, in order to avoid liquid contamination from condensation, etc.

For my single turbo setup on the 2JZ-GTE, the sensor is installed about 12" after the turbo, but the turbo has taken so much of the energy out of the exhaust at that point, I don't think there's any risk of damaging the sensor (unless I'm afterburning fuel in the exhaust....)

Yeah, your sensors should be fine where they are. I have mounted several wide band sensors in the 10 to 20 inch range after the turbo and have never had a problem to date.