Can a 2 wire oxygen sensor replace a single wire sensor ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

soupratt

Hi all,
I stupidly bought the wrong sensors (ie. sensor with the wrong number of wires) as the LS400 in the US and Japan are different. I now have two 2 wire sensors and the car has single wire sensors. As both are unheated and the extra wire is earth (which 1 wire sensor does through its body) can I just use the 2 wire sensor and earth the sensor to the exhaust ? I did a bit of a search on the web without much success.
Cheers

The 2 wire sensors are more accurate in some cases if the exhaust manifold is not earthed properly due to corrosion, it will give unaccurate measurments. Just give the earth wire of the sensor a good earth to the engine block.

Yup. And if you have a heater circuit, or can build one. You can change to a heated o2 sensor. Which will respond more consistancy.
What people don't understand about lambda sensors, isn't that they're just inaccurate. But why they are. 1/2 the reason they're inaccurate for measuring the A/F ratio passed leaner/richer is because they respond to both oxygen, and to a lesser extint heat.

When you jump on the gas and a 1 wire sensor heats up, you could be running stioch. If the sensor heats up enough, it'll read alot richer than that.

Which brings me to something that shouldnt never be used in FI tuning, but is an extremely handy thing for a budget, medium/minor engine tuning N/A. *If* you stick a heated o2 sensor far away from the manifolds, know the actual A/F scale they corrispond too, *and* you do your best driving to make-up for the fact that the responce is slow.
You can get a real good basic tune thrown down without a real wide-band sensor. Just more useless information from me b/c all you guys have freaking money on anything you touch. :p But just incase you ever play with someone else's small scale project... It's good stuff 2 know.