overheating??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
blocked radiator, sticking thermostat, cooling fans not working, not enough coolant or inefficient water pump

id be inclined to look at the 1st 3 options before digging into a water pump

Check your plumbing...........

the hose to the thermostat goes to the bottom of the radiator, the hose from the water bridge goes to the top of the radiator.

Set an air bleed from the top of the radiator to the radiator expansion tank. Check the raditor expansion tank is higher than the water bridge at the top of the engine.

A hose should be connected from the base of the radiator expansion tank to the small bore water pipe coming up from around the water/ oil cooler at the oil filter housing.

Undo the 17mm ? bolt on the water bridge at the front of the engine and fill the engine coolant using this location. Make sure theres no air left in the engine block by squeezing the bottom and top hoses.

Set the heater matrix on hot to make sure any air is vented from that location.

If its overheating after all that you either have a pipe connected up wrongly, have the water bypassing the radiator, a cooling fan/ thermoswitch issue or a stuck thermostat.

I presume you are using the original IS200 rad which may be marginal at best for a boosted engine with 1500 more cc's than the original.

Cheers,

Tony

Hi mate, all the hose,s are on the right way, and the expansion tank is just abit higher not much! The rad im useing is a custom made one so i can not see it being that, i have just been out to the car and it seems my pump has failed as there is coolant comeing from the bottom hole under the pully, :(

Check your plumbing...........

the hose to the thermostat goes to the bottom of the radiator, the hose from the water bridge goes to the top of the radiator.

Set an air bleed from the top of the radiator to the radiator expansion tank. Check the raditor expansion tank is higher than the water bridge at the top of the engine.

A hose should be connected from the base of the radiator expansion tank to the small bore water pipe coming up from around the water/ oil cooler at the oil filter housing.

Undo the 17mm ? bolt on the water bridge at the front of the engine and fill the engine coolant using this location. Make sure theres no air left in the engine block by squeezing the bottom and top hoses.

Set the heater matrix on hot to make sure any air is vented from that location.

If its overheating after all that you either have a pipe connected up wrongly, have the water bypassing the radiator, a cooling fan/ thermoswitch issue or a stuck thermostat.

I presume you are using the original IS200 rad which may be marginal at best for a boosted engine with 1500 more cc's than the original.

Cheers,

Tony

Marcus, yep if there's water coming from inside all the plastic timing belt covers either your water pump or the connections on the water bridge are fubar.....

The 1UZFE water pump is readily available from most motor factors and is about £65. They don't come with a gasket, instead, like most Toyotas, they use a sealant to make the gasket and I heartily recommend black Loctite 598 Flange Sealant.....( any excuse to use the word Flange.)

If you haven't already take the opportunity to replace the timing belt and cam belt idler pulleys as the front of the engine is off as its a crap job to do and its cheap insurance against cam belt failure.

Cheers,

Tony

Hi mate, yea its the pump mate, :( can you point me to where the post is for replaceing the timeing belt as i can not seem to find it )

Thanks

Marcus, yep if there's water coming from inside all the plastic timing belt covers either your water pump or the connections on the water bridge are fubar.....

The 1UZFE water pump is readily available from most motor factors and is about £65. They don't come with a gasket, instead, like most Toyotas, they use a sealant to make the gasket and I heartily recommend black Loctite 598 Flange Sealant.....( any excuse to use the word Flange.)

If you haven't already take the opportunity to replace the timing belt and cam belt idler pulleys as the front of the engine is off as its a crap job to do and its cheap insurance against cam belt failure.

Cheers,

Tony