opinions on the newer style of s/c's.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Pro

has anyone had any experience with the powerdyne, vortech, paxton etc superchargers?

i'm looking at installing one on my car at a later date, but want to know if they're a good idea or not. i have very limited underbonnet room, maybe enough for a decent single turbo or one of these 'chargers, but an over the top blower is definitely out of the question.

a lot of commodore drivers here in Australia use them, and for a V1 S trim vortech capable of about 600hp i'm only looking at around $2500 for the unit that i can run off my existing belt.

V1 will work great. Dependenting on the pulley size and the bracket, your existing belt would need to be change to a longer one. I have a bracket the will work perfect on the 1uzfe and Vortech V1.

V1 would be good for stock compression and max out about 12-13 psi. However, for less work, I would recommend the Procharger ATI D1SC.

what's the procharger look like? i not sure we get much of them in OZ - i've never heard of it anyways (yeah, coz THAT means it doesn't exist .... i'm so full of myself).

what bracket do you have? i would be VERY VERY interested.

re

would your brackets work with other centrifugal like powerdyne or ATI? I want to run something similiar to yours but use a blower that is self lubricated so i dont have to tap the pan for oil. Do you know if the bolt patterns are similiar. Also are you running the charger clockwise or ccw?

No, my bracket is specific to Vortech V1 SQ Trim or T trim. This is part of the kit i created with some help from member in Europe. www.lextreme.com/allgo.html. This bracket will mount right up to your 1uzfe motor. Its designed for that. Everything i made was custom and cost little more to duplicate. Which car are you installing this blower in?

For Soarer:
Need to relocated the battery and fuse box

Celsior:
Just the battery

Boat:
So much room u can do whatever u want.

This type of blower allow intecooling very easily and I also created an intercooler specific for Soarer and Celsior, all custom.

About head unit. The www.procharger.com aka ATI are self contained and its larger, but i chose Vortech SQ because is quiet. Oil tapping is not a major problem and get fresh oil every time u change your engine oil and better for cooling too. Self contained is easy but has its down side too.

so it's about $630 US all up for the kit, incl the studs and pulley system?

that's about $850 AUS + freight + insurance + duty - heading over $1100 AUS now.

no offence, but i think i could make my own kit for less than that. it wouldn't be a nice CNC machined piece of billet aluminium though :( i'm sure that kit is a quality piece of work, just seems a little steep when the kit is almost half the price of the 'charger.

i dunno. the more i have to make to get it to work, the less interested i become.
i'm thinking turbo now, just a GT30R or something and a custom exhaust manifold ( now they're easy to make!)...

so many thoughts, so little money....

Pro,

I totally agree with you. However, i have made few errors doing it and waste few aluminum plates..lol..... That is why people charge for R&D cost... Please let me know if i can help you with your quest. You have my support on your DIY Supercharger project.

thanks for your support Lex. can you get me a quote in US dollars for the vortech and fitting kit? do you have any pics of it?

400ZED said:
pro that kit is going on a 30 + year old car no duty need apply. thems the rules in Aus.

you may still pay duty.
get a customs officer who didn't get laid last night look at your "supercharger kit" and you will get slugged 25% duty on it.

it doesn't matter what it's going on at all. it's to do with the fact you've imported a brand new part not bought here in aus.

unless of course Lex, you could unpack everything out of their nicely printed boxes and pack them in bubblewrap and duct tape in a brown box and write the address with your left hand...?

you don't pay duty on imported SECOND HAND items in Aus.... hmmm....

I get whole sell price for Vortech Superchargers. However, one bad thing is that I live in California and Vortech is in California too. That means i pay about 8.25% tax when i get it and shipping of course.

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/products/units/
My bracket only work on V1 & V2 head units. Prices from Vortech are:
V1 S-Trim: $1,875.95
V1 T-Trim: $ 2,501.95
V2 SQ SC Trim and V2 SQ S-Trim are $1,945 USD. Good luck! I can write as defected product and factory replacement.

Miles B said:
Yes, you do pay on 2nd hand. I have every time.

i've never paid duty on s/h items. that's really odd....maybe it's a WA thing? i shouldn't be though because it should be a federal tax...?

now i'm confused.

and thanks for the prices Lex :)

I import lots of stuff from o/s and basically the official rules are that anything under AUD$300 does not attract any duty.

For anything over $300 (regardelss of new or s/h) then they will still let it through without duty if the duty payable on the goods is less than $50 (same if you bring in by mail or carry on as baggage on a plane.)

Anything over $300 for auto parts, 15% duty applies as does $10% GST so the 25% above is correct. There are still some exeptions like if it is being used exclusively for racing purposes and there is no local equivalent then you will get out of paying duty.

Even still, it is up to the individual customs officer weather they charge anything as I have had and know of heaps of others who get away without duty when you would think it probably should apply.

I have noted over the years that most companies are helpful and will declare the goods value as a standard US$100 or something like that, regardless of the value of the goods, which helps to avoid duty and they are not taking any risk for declaring a lower value - if customs chooses to check the pricing over the internet or something and decide to charge you on the actual goods value then they just send you a letter saying to come and collect your goods and pay the duty - if they don't check, you get away with it.
Lets hope we get the free trade agreement with the US, then the 15% will be dropped anyway as I understand it.

Hope this helps.

thanks for clearing that up toranamat69.

most of my stuff has been well under the $300 mark - so that's probably why.

Lex, do you reckon you could write the receipt for US$100...? i mean, if an officer inspects it - to them - it will just be an alum plate and some bolts....

Gent's this is one discussion which should be off the board.

If a Customs Officer stumbles on it (and hasn't been laid in a while) they just may start looking closer.

Custms DO check prices when things arrive at silly prices.

With something like a supercharger bracket it could be described as a machine part of very little value. Whilst a suercharger could be described a a compressor and allocated a lowish value which may work.

The trick I think is to describe the part correctly but in terms the Inspector will not associate with car parts.