Lexus Soarer 40l V8.Opinions please.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

BigKriss

I am in the position to buy a very clean, probably the only legal Soarer in South Africa. Totally original and fully optioned. We never got these cars here and I am looking for something for my project engine. I am led to believe that the Soarer is based on the Supra chassis but which Supra ? Can anyone shed some light on these cars for me ? Wikki just has the normal; stuff on it , looking for owner experiences here.. Thanks Guys..

Well,that's good news..It does weigh a shite load more than the Supra though.! Running a IUZ already so makes things much easier for me..
Thanks for info bud..

Looks very clean. What year is the car? What are the ratings, IE, JDM has a top speed of roughly 180km/h (112mph) USDM is limited at 149mph. The 1992-mid 1995 USDM are rated 250hp/260tq but these numbers seem optimistic and real world more like 225bhp=175rwhp

Flip side is these earlier engines are STRONGER and respond very nicely to proper turbocharging. The 1995 LS400 went to much lighter and weaker piston rods and IIRC a slightly lighter crankshaft.

Still chatting to owner via e-mail , it is 650km away .Year model not sure of. Right now I am determining if the car is here legally or if its destined for the crusher.Big crackdown here on all the gray imports at the moment. My Mitsu 3000VR4 was easy to "de limit" top speed, a simple snip of the wire on terminal 34 on the ecu. If you check out my Alfa Romeo Lexus thread here , I have and older thick rod engine and then the "big" engine, CP and Argo stuff. It is being built at the moment. I have been looking at a Nissan s14 instead but have always liked the Soarer. Thanks for all the input Mr Brady !