operating temp???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
From what I can see most people set their fans for 80degrees on and around 70 off.

I run 90 on and 80 off and it doesn't seem to bother it.

From memory, the standard thermostat starts to open at around 85 deg C, so you want a thermoswitch that kicks in above that temp. I've used On - 92, Off - 90 and it too seems to work fine.
It always pays to put in an override switch as well (so that you can preempt temperature rise), for those times when you may want to show off a little...

Muzz

Muzza,

You wouldn't be doing a few burnouts and doughnuts would you?

Big 4x4's don't do them without destroying drivelines so that's one thing I can't do.

iam running 95 on and 91 off, and when the fans kick in they turn back off kick back in than turn off, i think this is due to water temp fluctuation i dnt unerstand it.

Bluespoon.
Mine does the same thing (once I stop the engine). I'm guessing that its thermal cycling as the cooler water in the radiator displaces the warmer water in the block - I've heard it call after boil, but only really seen it on turbo's - the latent heat from the water jacket.

I wouldn't worry about it.

And yes Zuffen, I may have done a couple of skids, but with the 19" low profile tyres, I'll have to tone it down some... $$$$$

Muzz

Muzza,

If you have a spare half hour stand beside a SAAB as soon as it parks and listen to the fans. They cycle on and off half a dozen times as the hot water in the block replaces the water in the radiator that the fan has cooled. The hot water flows over the switch and away go the fans.

This is quite normal, so nothing to worry about.

Just a quick question on the thermo fans....I just have mined wired to be switched by the ignition at the moment, but have a temp switch to install in the top hose soon.

Is it recomended to still have the fan switched by the ignition as well as the temp switch? or is it better to have it only switched by the temp switch so it continues to cool the water after turning the motor off?

I've seen both setups used but have never known the advantage of having the fans continue to run after switching off the engine.

or is it better to have it only switched by the temp switch so it continues to cool the water after turning the motor off?
No point cooling the water that isn't moving.

Hook it up as ignition only, unless you run an electric water pump and you run that after the car is turned off.

FYI, my fans come on a 94, and I think its 10 degrees before they switch off.
Not 100% sure on the switch off temp though.
I can't choose the switch off temp with the microtech (I don't think).
It default to X degrees below switch on temp.
I really only have the fans there for when sitting at traffic lights, drivethru, peakhour etc.