Oil filter extention relocation

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

krayn

Hi all. I have been fitting up the engine and the oil filter is in the way. I took the oil filter extension off and turned it 180 degrees and sat it back on. It will now clears the chassis where it was fouling as the oil filter extension does not come straight out of the motor, it comes out on an angle. Has anyone else done this and had problems with oil leakage as using it this way you can only put the 2 nuts back on and are unable to use the bolt to hold on the extension. If it works it saves me from doing a remote filter set up. Cheers Kris.

This will not work as it reverses the flow of oil in the filter and they are designed to filter only one way. So it looks like im going to have to do the remote filter job but I will use the origional filter housing as a speco one is about $120 just for the filter boss!!!!!!

Give your remote setup to "Enzed"
They customised mine

oil_filter_1.jpg

Only cost $114

Looks sweet Peewee!
I have to do the same thing so I can fit extractors between the engine and chassis rails.
Is the Part to the right the standard oil adapter with the steel tube cut and fittings welded on.

i sell mini filters for a 1uz
i tried one on a lexus 1uz front mounted filter in an early hilux and it just needs a small scallop out of the front side diagonal member

and in my hilux 2wd 92 model with a crown 1uz it fits easily no mods

Hey sideshow
Sump looks good, I see its a Castlemaine Rod Shop Sump, just wondering how the two rear pan bolts are done. Do you have any other pics off the sump. Im starting mine this weekend and wasnt sure how to do the rear two bolts as it will be a rear bulged pan.

u need to bolt up siump roughly
then mark 2 holes for sump and 2 holes for pickup b4 hand too

then just drill and tap

think theyre 6 by 1 thread

Drill 2 holes for the pickup?
Doesnt the pickup bolt to the front of the engine as per standard. I would have thought they would just modify the original to suit where the new bulge is.

well mine was a crown so pickup was in middle
so they had to extend pickup to rear so i had to drill 2 extra holes to mount pickup at rear

but becarefull if u have to drill these 2 holes as mine were very close to side of sump area and had a **** time trying to get sump to sit flat due to it hitting bolt

Sideshow - What are the dimensions of the oil filters you sell. They might be just enough as my oil filter should fit (standard front sump setup) but the problem is i doubt that the filter will be able to be removed once the engine is in - rough measurements give about a 5-10mm gap bettween the standard filter and the chassis rail.

mine are about 2cm shorter than std toyota filter
i just measured one
theyre similar diameter to factory ones
but theyre 55 to 58 mm long

yer i got a ryvo z418 i think
but cause mine is 2wd it has extra brackets for ront susp[ension compared to 4wd
so these are even smaller than ryco ones
u cant get ryco ones this small