SC400 oil filter housing ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

smallfry

Could someone tell me the measurement from the centre of the crankshaft to the oil filter mounting face (not including cooler if fitted) on a 1 UZFE engine in a SC400 (soarer ) please ?

First, I dont have the answer.

But why in all hell you need that? See is something fits? Also, you talking distance from the center ~axis~ of the crank or the center point along the cranks length?

I need it because I dont have too much space. They are NOT easy to get here in UK, and while I dont mind buying one if it fits into the space I have, and as it most likely would have to come from the US or Aus, the shipping will make it an expensive mistake !

I meant radially from the centre of the crankshaft nut.

I dont like remote filters as I have one fail years ago and it cost me an engine

I need it because I dont have too much space. They are NOT easy to get here in UK, and while I dont mind buying one if it fits into the space I have, and as it most likely would have to come from the US or Aus, the shipping will make it an expensive mistake !

I meant radially from the centre of the crankshaft nut.

I dont like remote filters as I have one fail years ago and it cost me an engine

I bought a new one from Toyota, I think it was around £70.
I can't find the invoice at the moment so I can't quote you any part numbers.

I found these photos on the 'Net, no measurements but should give you some idea where the filter sits....
LS400
2009_0927surf_Marks0004.jpg

SC400 (Soarer)
2009_0927surf_Marks0008.jpg

Its going into a Land Rover. I have 280mm between the crank centre and the chassis rail, so it would need to be less than that to allow for screwing a filter on and off, and also some clearance !

Bushwhacker, I never even thought of buying a new one ! Imagined it would be either unavailable of horrendously expensive.

But it all depends on whether it would solve my problem !