OBD II on a 1992 engine?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

kubeshauseli

I am looking at doing a OBD II 1uzfe setup for my toyota pickup, and was wondering if there is any difference between a pre 96 engine as to a OBD II year engine for this build. is there any difference between the wiring harness on these two other than the connection to the ecu, and would a OBD II ecu be compatible with a pre OBD II engine? is there any sensor difference, voltage difference that would stop a pre OBD II engine from being compatible with a OBD II ecu?

any replys would be appreciated

where is engine from
jap import 1uzs dont have obd2 till around 1998 or even 2000

not sure on usa 1uzs as u guys had obd2 way before that

Toyota says its '95 1UZ engine was designed to be compliant with OBDII. AFAIK, this engine still came with distributors, and used a 12 tooth crank trigger wheel for the injectors, however it used "SFI" injection, instead of "MFI", which in Toyotaspeak, means each injector was fired separately, instead of being paired with another, as in the earlier engines.

So it looks like many things are already compatible with OBDII on the '95 engines, but if you have an older engine than this, and you want to run an OBDII ECU, you're in for a bit of modification and trial & error.

Which year OBDII ECU are you going to try to run?

I just helped a friend putting a 1997 engine in his 1992 and the wiring harness to the ECU is different. There're 2 extra plugs from the 1997. My friend will need to get the 1997 ECU to make it work.

personally i would use everything that matches the new motor

obd2 has way more **** than yr good old basic 1uz

they have not changed from 1989 till 1996 or 98 ish

going by my diagrams i think the earliest 1uz which actually has an obd2 diagnostic plug is around 2000 year mark

so beware if u mix and match u will open a pandoras box

i was looking at getting a 93 from a buddy of mine, but it needed an ecu. and at that rate i figured why not try to get an obd II ecu if possible. but thanks for answering my question as this would seem to be more of a hassle than it is worth.

hey jkm

when u say obd2 do u mean the 16 pin rectangle plug with angled sides

thats usually under the steering wheel area

the diagnostic plug on a 1uz that is on the engine just to the right of the manifold that is not obd2