Obama

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
It is kind of hard to believe that Bush got so much crap for choppy speaking at the end of his second term, but this guy was able to butcher the oath so badly... Let's see how he does at the end of his first...

Regardless, I don't like political factions. As long as the nation becomes stronger and gains more loyalty, the job is being done fairly well.

Time for a new moderate party centralized on "actual" choice and national causes at the very least...

I wonder if Obama was white, would all you anti Obama guys would support him ?????????

I can not speak for others here, but I did not vote for Obama, and it had absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin. As he is now President of the US, I do support him, and wish the country well from his future efforts. IMO, as the US fares, so does the world...THe better we do, the better most of the world does...So, may we all benefit from his efforts to lead our country out of the mire of mediocrity, over spending, irresponsible use of credit, and fear of uncertainty.

A man's skin has not to do with his abilities and acheivements...It is his honor, integrity, commitment to task completion, insight, wisdom, etc. I am actually offended that so many people continue to try to make this a race issue...The world is challenged more than ever, and as he said at his inauguration today, "The time has come to set aside childish things...that all are equal, all are free, all deserve a chance to pursue their full measure of happiness".

Actually, I do not care what color anybody's skin is...If you want it, go get it!!

Ryan

I can not speak for others here, but I did not vote for Obama, and it had absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin. As he is now President of the US, I do support him, and wish the country well from his future efforts. IMO, as the US fares, so does the world...THe better we do, the better most of the world does...So, may we all benefit from his efforts to lead our country out of the mire of mediocrity, over spending, irresponsible use of credit, and fear of uncertainty.

A man's skin has not to do with his abilities and acheivements...It is his honor, integrity, commitment to task completion, insight, wisdom, etc. I am actually offended that so many people continue to try to make this a race issue...The world is challenged more than ever, and as he said at his inauguration today, "The time has come to set aside childish things...that all are equal, all are free, all deserve a chance to pursue their full measure of happiness".

Actually, I do not care what color anybody's skin is...If you want it, go get it!!

Ryan

Good call!
I'm sure he'll do a good job, the rest of the world is depending on it.

Well said Ryan, I feel exactly same way...

I also didn't vote for Obama but I now strongly support him and his continued efforts to make our Nation a better one.. I hope he does very well in office..

I wonder if Obama was white, would all you anti Obama guys would support him ?????????

Do you not see that your comment is Racist? That making your statement is akin to calling any anti-Obama members racist?

Fact is I PRAY that he does well but the only way he can do so without hurting the country is to CHANGE his philosophies... possible but unlikely. But, PRAY I will.

Only a fool judges another human being based on ethnicity.

As MLK stated so clearly it is content of character.

Do you not see that your comment is Racist? That making your statement is akin to calling any anti-Obama members racist?

Fact is I PRAY that he does well but the only way he can do so without hurting the country is to CHANGE his philosophies... possible but unlikely. But, PRAY I will.

Only a fool judges another human being based on ethnicity.

As MLK stated so clearly it is content of character.

I am not calling anyone a racist, it was just a simple question. I don't consider myself racist, I would fully support an Aboriginal Prime minister should one ever come to power. (I am from Aus). I am pleased that there are many that will support him, but reading on other forums, there are a lot of americans who won't support him because he isn't white.

I hope that he does well, and leads your country through the hardships.

Cheers, Brad.

For those Americans that don't support Obama only because he is black in skin color are very ignorant Americans. Probably lacking an adequate level of education in most cases.. Raised by parents that support racism.. The chain of racism has not yet been broken in some of those family generations perhaps......

However, It's very obvious to me that Obama would not be President today if most of white America felt that way.. The majority of black communities finally feel they are actually considered equals here in the United States.. That alone is a big step in tearing down racism which has typically been fueled by the media.......

This is a step in the right direction for sure...

For those Americans that don't support Obama only because he is black in skin color are very ignorant Americans. Probably lacking an adequate level of education in most cases.. Raised by parents that support racism.. The chain of racism has not yet been broken in some of those family generations perhaps......

However, It's very obvious to me that Obama would not be President today if most of white America felt that way.. The majority of black communities finally feel they are actually considered equals here in the United States.. That alone is a big step in tearing down racism which has typically been fueled by the media.......

This is a step in the right direction for sure...

We could debate this one, and hotly for ever and ever...It is probably an accurate statement that in every country across the globe there are racists...While I understand the exuberance of the black man to state that they finally feel vindicated because Obama has been elected President of the US, and that they now finally believe they can do and become anybody they want to in the USA, I am disturbed that it has taken this event to catapult their beliefs to the next level...Any person of race or creed can reach the heights of success within the USA if they are willing to do the work. That was the same before Obama got elected, as well as after. If it took Obama getting elected for it to finally sink in, then so be it. My reason for being disturbed...Most people that find themselves not where they really can be find so because they "have held themselves back, not some other, or the color of their skin". It was not always this way, but it is now. I know there are exceptiuons, but the vast majority of people hold themselves back, but conveniently blame someone, or something else. Lack of personal responsibility is rampant in the world. So is entitlement mentality, unfortunately...

Ryan

We could debate this one, and hotly for ever and ever...It is probably an accurate statement that in every country across the globe there are racists...While I understand the exuberance of the black man to state that they finally feel vindicated because Obama has been elected President of the US, and that they now finally believe they can do and become anybody they want to in the USA, I am disturbed that it has taken this event to catapult their beliefs to the next level...Any person of race or creed can reach the heights of success within the USA if they are willing to do the work. That was the same before Obama got elected, as well as after. If it took Obama getting elected for it to finally sink in, then so be it. My reason for being disturbed...Most people that find themselves not where they really can be find so because they "have held themselves back, not some other, or the color of their skin". It was not always this way, but it is now. I know there are exceptions, but the vast majority of people hold themselves back, but conveniently blame someone, or something else. Lack of personal responsibility is rampant in the world. So is entitlement mentality, unfortunately...

Ryan
Being black just puts an extra few steps to climb though..
Sheesh this seems racist just talking about it..!!
He's a statesmen more than politician !! So hopefully he gets things DONE instead of political spin..

Attachments

• cabin.jpg
    cabin.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 6
Ryan your Asian?....I always thought you too be as white as snow with a name like Ryan....

Well, being that the blacks have been the minority here in the United States, I would imagine it is a bit harder for them to be hired over equally qualified white people in general. Especially when it's a higher level position in a white owned business. If the company is white owned, chances are the owner whom is hiring personel will pick the equally qualified white person over the black man in most cases... That's just the way it is.. I think that is why we have discrimation laws that are still in full effect and watched very closely...

Maybe even an Asian owned company would pick and Asian over a white man if the two were equaly qualified... That is the advantage I see being the Majority and not the Minority... I think there will always be familiarity and a certain comfort level found in your own race and religious beliefs..

Example: My Jewish friend sure wants to marry a Jewish girl to carry on his Jewish heritage for many generations to come.. Jews typically will hire Jews over other races when given the chance.... My black friend sure wants to marry a black girl if given a choice as well..

I however want to marry a nice attractive Asian girl and I am a tall white Italian guy...Go figure as I just don't see that happening unless I go mail order..:redface:

Attachments

• 68_Pontiac_Firebird_DV_05_BR_01.jpg
    68_Pontiac_Firebird_DV_05_BR_01.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 60_gto.jpg
    60_gto.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1
Try being Asian, like I am...

Ryan

Yes communication and common interests brings people together..
We toured South Africa years ago when the All Blacks payed there..
While there was a sport ban on.. Imo a common interest and communication breaks down these barriers..
Another situation was when I was getting my car fitted with new ECU at a dyno shop.. There were Lebanese, Vietnamese, Indians, Fijians, New Zealanders and Aussies..
I shouted dinner for them all and asked what they wanted ? As I was going to get some Pide rolls..Anyway I got 10 of them some where hesitant at eating strange food.. Then after a while we started talking about why and how they came into Australia etc..
The Vietnamese guy nearly bought tears to our eyes with what his family went through after the end of the war there..We are friends now, even though he's 30 years younger..We all enjoyed each others company, didn't leave till way late..
WE ARE ALL HUMANS !!!

everybody makes a big deal about him being an "african american"..... hes just as much white as he is black. which i think is good, he can relate to more people.

doesnt really matter what colour he is, he seems like a smart man, which is more than can be said for the last guy :icon16:

Everyone loves to bash Bush... Which is understood from the economic decline of the Country while he was in term.. War blunders and delays...Etc..

For us Americans the one thing he did very well was protect us from further terrorist attacks... Bush did extremely well with the war against terrorism which everyone seems to overlook.. I also don't think he is an evil man... Maybe stupid, but not evil.... The economies took a beating for sure, but no more Americans died from terrorist attacks on the home land after 9/11... Safety must be considered first which it was and I commend Bush for that...

Homeland security was very effective..

My two cents on the positives of Bush... I could sleep very well at night and that was big...

"have held themselves back, not some other, or the color of their skin". It was not always this way, but it is now. I know there are exceptiuons, but the vast majority of people hold themselves back, but conveniently blame someone, or something else. Lack of personal responsibility is rampant in the world. So is entitlement mentality, unfortunately...

Ryan

I guess they can't really blame the man anymore, can they?

Poor and unnecessary joke, I know...

It's all good. This is still the greatest country on God's green Earth. Let's just work hard to make it better.

Everyone loves to bash Bush... Which is understood from the economic decline of the Country while he was in term.. War blunders and delays...Etc..

For us Americans the one thing he did very well was protect us from further terrorist attacks... Bush did extremely well with the war against terrorism which everyone seems to overlook.. I also don't think he is an evil man... Maybe stupid, but not evil.... The economies took a beating for sure, but no more Americans died from terrorist attacks on the home land after 9/11... Safety must be considered first which it was and I commend Bush for that...

Homeland security was very effective..

My two cents on the positives of Bush... I could sleep very well at night and that was big...
You are forgetting about the 4,221 in Iraq and 850 in Afghanistan soldiers who died in action since 03.. Plus many soldiers from other countries!!
I feel for their families...