Not seeing a diagnostic indicator?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

DJ420a

So when the motor is running, I show a check engine light. I proceed to run the diagnostics by bridging TE1 and E1 on the diagnostics port, but when I do this, I get nothing. I even tried it on the diagnostics port in the engine bay and still nothing. Actually when I turn the ignition off then on again the check engined does not reappear till I start the motor again.

I did read with some diagnostic problems, the indicator will not show up, for example NO.1 and 2 cam positions sensors, starter and ?switch condition?.
Am I correct on any of this?

The problem Im having is the engine starts and sounds great, but its idling at a solid 1500 rpms and will not go down after warm up. I did check for vac leaks using a can of ether and didn't find any leaks.

Last but not least, I have been performing all these tasks still with no key. Ive taken the switch of the back of the ignition cylinder and have been starting the car this way. My key should be here this week that I ordered from Sewell Lexus in Texas.

Could anybody tell me if I'm performing this task wrong or am I missing something?

Thanks for the time guys
DJ