Project Thread Norwegian 1uzTT DriftCar

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Daniel,

I notice you're running coil on plug.

Ca you tell how you did it with the SM4 and what COP you're using?

By the way looks and sounds great. Well done.

It's no problem. i use LS1 coils. you just multiply the ign.cables and use it as a waste spark system. you dont need a multiplexer or anything else with these coils. and they are extremely good. many of my friends have used these coils on engine with over 1000bhp on E85..

Hope this will help you.

-Daniel-

They are the same coils on some Daewoo Korean cars.. As well..
Where they MAY be cheaper..

i work on the daewoo engines every day, im taking you are talking about the 1.6 & 2.0 & 2.2L (DOHC) ignition coils. i don't recommend using the coils out of them they are known to go. my company sells 1 every couple of weeks.

We discussed LS1 coils a bit in the COP thread. They're not true COP type coils, but are CNP (Coil Near Plug) and require a standard (albeit short) secondary lead, or a very long "boot". If you did fit them with a long boot, they still don't "package" that well when you turn them in the vertical, due to their laminated iron cores interfering with the UZ's valve cover.

Here's are some photos of the LS1 by itself, with a Toyota Camry boot, then a plug with about 45mm of extender. With all this, you can just reach the plug in the UZ head, but it ain't pretty, and you still have to figure out how to mount them.

If someone were dead keen to make these into COP's, they could be "made" to work, but IMHO there are better choices out there that will work just as well and are much easier to package.

Daniel no disrespect to you & your choice of coil. These LS1 coils work great in a CNP (Coil Near Plug) application like you're doing.

The coils i use are from MSD and it is upgrade coils for LS1.
It is no problem with long plug kables on these coils. i think my cables are about 75cm each.

-Daniel-