Project Thread Norwegian 1uzTT DriftCar

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hmm ?? The angle of rear drive shaft out of diff . Would this be an issue with c/v joints ??? I realise it may not be this ride height when finished ??

I see there is hardly any flex on intercooler pipes from turbo? Being that there's heaps of torque going through ?? Maybe a 120 mm section of silicon tube???

I see on SOME drift cars they angle intercooler and radiator IN, in the middle to aid airflow while drifting..

Not being uncomplimentary, just my thoughts...
What size turbo?? Big enough ?? [sarcasm ]
Good clean fab work...

The angle of the driveshaft on the pic is when the car is jacked up. they are straight when the car is on the wheel.
Intercooling tubing is being welded with Adel Wiggins Couplings witch they use on airplanes like f16. they have 5 degrees flex on each coupling, so this is not a problem at all. they are actually more flexible than piping with silicone hoses.

Thanx

The angle of the driveshaft on the pic is when the car is jacked up. they are straight when the car is on the wheel.
Intercooling tubing is being welded with Adel Wiggins Couplings witch they use on airplanes like f16. they have 5 degrees flex on each coupling, so this is not a problem at all. they are actually more flexible than piping with silicone hoses.

Thanx
What about say ?? 15 to 20mm movement which it may have ??
Engine Is solid mounted ??

That is some serious engineering...very impressive. Just the use of the wiggins fitting has my wallet cringing :) You must be looking for something around 800rwhp?

Thanks, the engine is solid mounted yes.
It's very expensive for the wiggins, but a friend of mine have CNC out the welding ferrules witch is the most expensive cost when you buy wiggina. so that helps a lot.

I hope it will be around 800hp yes. just got some Cosworth pistons in my mail.. So i'll starting to mount the engine this week.

-Daniel-

l1020290da2.jpg

l1020293zw5.jpg

l1020302gi9.jpg

l1020311wo9.jpg

l1020314dc6.jpg

l1020318yn9.jpg

l1020332xm9.jpg

l1020332xm9.jpg

I use original cams this year.
The turboes are not so big as they look. it is GT2871r witch is a small turbo. Its just the compression house that looks big beacouse of the antisurge..

-Daniel-

...so you don't expect the manifolds to tear due to the length of the manifolds when they get hot...or suffer from excess stress ?

and secondly: what kind of rwhp/rwnm figures do you expect from the stock cams ?...reason: i have yet to see figures above 550 rwhp from boosted 1UZs with stock cams....you are after 800 rwhp, right ?

...so you don't expect the manifolds to tear due to the length of the manifolds when they get hot...or suffer from excess stress ?

and secondly: what kind of rwhp/rwnm figures do you expect from the stock cams ?...reason: i have yet to see figures above 550 rwhp from boosted 1UZs with stock cams....you are after 800 rwhp, right ?

YEP !! Its the exhaust side that restricts especially...
I take it you don't want to change the buckets to under shim ??
Kelford say their turbo billet cam can run with std bucket, with correct valve springs... But it could be the valve springs where the limit is ???
It's not too often that performance cams are fitted with std springs..
Which can only go to 15Lb at best...
Another isue with std buckets.. Being alloy, they catch on head through bad lubrication and fail at high rpm..
The mod here is to have champher the top of cylinder bucket to assist oil getting into bucket head area...