noise after putting springs and shocks on

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sc400rayray

yes i got my eiboch spiring on, looks good about 1.5 or so drop, at the same time i put the lexus shocks on (new)
the ride is stiffer since the guy that owned it scine 93 had never changed them
but now when i go over a big bump it like a thud sound, like they did not screw the bolts down tight enough (but they did i looked) like a bounce in the shock tower, feels fine when driving, any ideas guys?

Hi sounds to me they forgot to fit the rubber bump stops at the top of the shock, or the distance they are travelling exceeds the travel, ie bump built into the shock, some shocks only have about a 100mm total travel 70mm for bump and 30mm droop, if the springs make it ride 1.5" lower sounds like the shock is running out of travel.

Best Regards
Lambo

sc400rayray said:
yes i got my eiboch spiring on, looks good about 1.5 or so drop, at the same time i put the lexus shocks on (new)
the ride is stiffer since the guy that owned it scine 93 had never changed them
but now when i go over a big bump it like a thud sound, like they did not screw the bolts down tight enough (but they did i looked) like a bounce in the shock tower, feels fine when driving, any ideas guys?
Yes, the noise could be from the lack of the bump stop. Therefore, as with most lowering springs, cutting part of the bump stop is recommended per manufacturer's recommendation. Also, make sure to tighten the strut to the right torques such as strut to lower arm for 105 ft/lb., top plate to chassis for 26 ft/lb.