New problem (codes 41, 21,28)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

stageajay

Hi folks,

All has been fine up until now on my swapped engine, albeit without the lambdas and afm plugged in. I`ve now connected them, but the idle is surging/hunting between 900-1500.

It`s thrown codes 41 (tps) 21 and 28 (o2 and sub o2)

I`ve undone the screws on the tps slightly and played around, at anything other than full clockwise (i think it was anyway) it`s fine, but a very high idle (1500rpm ish)

Removed completely and measured across pin1 and 2, 4.9kohms closed, 625ohms full open, does this sound within spec?

Lambda fault is probably my own fault, will go through connecctions and check as i`ve paired the o2`s and sub o2`s\

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thankyou, Jay

Just been round and swapped out the spares that I have, nothing made a difference. Then for reasons unknown I decided to pinch the pipe between the iacv and the intake, hooray, a steady idle. Took the pipe off completely and blocked it with a socket with approx 6mm hole in it and had a nice steady idle.

Admittedly its thrown the cel again, probably afm although havent checked, I guess at this as its drawing outside air now.

Can i just do away with the iacv and set the idle with the throttle stop? Or constantly run a restrictor in the pipe?

Thanks again

Well, for now at least, i`ve stuck a roughly 6mm restrictor in the pipe between the intake and the iacv, rock steady 700ish rpm idle. And no CEL for anything. Strange