new Mazda 4-cylinder

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Anaema

must be a great engine. they have already put it into their new cross-over SUV and the new MAZDASPEED6. even thought it runs 15 PSI, it has a 9.5:1 compression ratio. mostly due to the Direct Injection. must be a blast to drive. in the CX-7(SUV) it makes roughly 240 HP, in the MAZDASPEED6 it makes about 260. i wonder if them will put it in the new MX-5.

its good to see factory turbocharging coming back. Technology is crazy right now. I was watching videos on streetfire the other day and came across one including a 400hp evo straight off the lot in Britain. I was reading the comments and a guy from there mentioned that they get several versions, like 320hp, 340hp, and 400hp from the same 2.0 liter used over here. That's 200hp/L from the factory, pretty wild. They had it chase a Lambo murciolago <---sp? and it couldn't shake the Lancer, although some critisized the driver of the Lambo, maybe. Something else new and turbo. The 911 turbo, they tested it in June's Motortrend. In an unoficial test run on an icey european airforce strip with a gps with a confirmed 7 satellites for positioning, the car pulled 0-60mph in 3.2 seconds and reached the 1/4 mile in 11.4 seconds at 120.5mph. This is just sick. This is even a 3500pound AWD car with an automatic. Once again, unoficial numbers. It makes 480hp, but the important part of being so quick is given in this explanation of the technology used, "Horsepower rises from 2005 Turbo S's 444 to a hammering 480. And while the torque peak hovers at the previous turbo S's 457 pound-feet, the headline here is when it arrives at a loping 1950rpm. That's 1550rpm earlier, due to a variable-vane technology that basically makes a high flow, high-horsepower turbocharger zig a even pedestrian exhaust-flow rate of low rpm". Apparently it was very tricky to do because of the higher heat temps of a gasoline engine. And this is all out of a 3.8L 6 banger, can a big block chevy even make 457 pounds of torque at 1950rpm? Anyway, i was impressed, thought i would share. Do you guys think variable vane turbochargers for gasoline engines will make it to the aftermarket soon, or have, or ever will?

variable A/R turbos were first seen in mass production on the early rallye version renaults - a short stint because they only needed to make 25 for homologation.

variable A/R turbos made another appearance on the VG20ET - nissan's early 2.0L V6.

they're just REALLY bulky turbos and hard to fit in the confined space of any late model engine bay.

interesting, they managed to sqeeze one in the tight confine of a 911 engine bay, i wonder if the modern ones are smaller/different technology. They said new metallurgy was used, but hey, hopefully we'll see more make it to the gasoline world, i know from experience that they spool much faster on say the newer 6.0 powerstroke vs. the earlier 7.3.

WDoherty said:
its good to see factory turbocharging coming back. Technology is crazy right now. I was watching videos on streetfire the other day and came across one including a 400hp evo straight off the lot in Britain. I was reading the comments and a guy from there mentioned that they get several versions, like 320hp, 340hp, and 400hp from the same 2.0 liter used over here. That's 200hp/L from the factory, pretty wild. They had it chase a Lambo murciolago <---sp? and it couldn't shake the Lancer, although some critisized the driver of the Lambo, maybe. Something else new and turbo. The 911 turbo, they tested it in June's Motortrend. In an unoficial test run on an icey european airforce strip with a gps with a confirmed 7 satellites for positioning, the car pulled 0-60mph in 3.2 seconds and reached the 1/4 mile in 11.4 seconds at 120.5mph. This is just sick. This is even a 3500pound AWD car with an automatic. Once again, unoficial numbers. It makes 480hp, but the important part of being so quick is given in this explanation of the technology used, "Horsepower rises from 2005 Turbo S's 444 to a hammering 480. And while the torque peak hovers at the previous turbo S's 457 pound-feet, the headline here is when it arrives at a loping 1950rpm. That's 1550rpm earlier, due to a variable-vane technology that basically makes a high flow, high-horsepower turbocharger zig a even pedestrian exhaust-flow rate of low rpm". Apparently it was very tricky to do because of the higher heat temps of a gasoline engine. And this is all out of a 3.8L 6 banger, can a big block chevy even make 457 pounds of torque at 1950rpm? Anyway, i was impressed, thought i would share. Do you guys think variable vane turbochargers for gasoline engines will make it to the aftermarket soon, or have, or ever will?
its actually 3.6L. and i got that magazine too, its madness that new 911 Turbo.