new guy

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sinai

that be me...i got a few questions, but first, im lookin at the sc.....im a honda type, and now i want to roll wit the big boys, but big toys arent a joke, so research is the game....i would like to have some questions asnwered...
1.how beneficial is the 300 over the 4?
2.how beneficial is the 400 over the 3?

3.do you HAVE to come up wit your onw cheap exhaust for the 4? companies like HKS and so on dont make exhaust for em? and if they do, wat companies, cus i cant find n e .

4.same question for the 300.

5.3 or 4, wat is the best year presumeably, to get wit either one? does it matter? wat are the differences? if i got the choice of a 95 or 99 either 300 orr 400(it dont matter for this question) would it make a difference? should i just get the 95 simply cus its cheaper? even if i could afford the 99?

im sure i got more questions, but this will do for now. thanx.

oh, and i dont have one yet, unlike a honda, ive noticed most other cars u have to make sure u get the "rite" one, because u cant always just "swap" a motor in there etc etc..and i know lexus gets pretty expensive, so i gotta plan it from the get go, dont wnt to pay for a 99 if its common knowledge that 95 is just as good.

1/2. well the SC300 does have a smaller engine, the same one used in the Supra which is quite a bit more popular for tuning than the SC400. Also, they are rare but the SC300 has a few manual trannys out there which are rather quick. But the SC400 is a V8, bigger engine and faster.

3. there are some companies that do make exhaust for the SC400, but they probably aren't cheap, and it isnt as popular as the exhaust for the SC300.

4. you are guaranteed to find a suitable exhaust system for the SC300.

5. it all depends on your budget. personally i would get a 97+ since it has more aggressive body styling, upgraded head/taillights, and 10 more HP (for both SC300 and SC400). ~95 is quite a bit cheaper, but your final decision would probably lie in the price difference. Again, about the SC300 or 400, it all depends on the extent to which you want to modify. Also, unless I am mistaken, 99+ has Variable Valve Timing and that gives an extra 40HP, but only on the SC400.

personally from what i've seen and experienced, 92-96 is really quite similar to 97+ and a costs a lot less.