new Guy

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lexcoe

Hi guys, new to this forum

My name is John and i am building a 1949 Ford COE (cabover) truck using Lexus power. Should be an intersting project.
So, i bought a complete SC400 from which i have removed the motor and box, wiring , computers etc. I am also going to use the complete front suspension and rack, the complete rear suspension minus the cage and other stuff such as the power booster and M/C, tilt column etc etc.
Cant say i didnt get my moneys worth..........
My main concerns will be the wiring of course when i get that far, and i am sure i will have lots of dumb questions.
When i get started and start making some progress i will try and post some pics, but at the moment i have to wait for the truck to get here from LA to Brisbane, Australia.

great forum, seems like some very clever people on here......

John North Coast NSW

John,

Welcome on board.

Sounds like a cool project.

Can you post up any photos of what the truck looks like before it arrives?

When it comes to sorting the wiring you'll get lots of help from the members here.

Yeah i am really looking forward to it getting here and getting into it.
I bought it in Modesto California, and its originally a fire truck from Sacremento and with only around 25,000 original miles.
And the GREAT thing is....i going to modify the heck out of it LOL
Hopefully it will make a nice everyday driver, thats the plan.
I will try and post some pics

John

Wow lets see some pictures when you get started on her. Had that sucker shipped from my back yard eh? :D Well Modesto is only a couple hours away from me anyway.

Sounds like you'll need a supercharger on the 1UZ to get that big rig rolling.

Depends on what weight it is ??
Most had flat head / side valve V8's in with around 100 h.p..
The 1UZ should handle it quite well...

Flathead six power? with i think around 85 horsepower and four speed, two speed rearend.
That will all be removed and sold off, great engine for a lakester or ratrod project maybe.
The frond suspension looks like it will be a very easy install, even easier than the usual HK/T/G thats in most early F100s here in Oz.
Gotta admit tho, the wiring has got me a little worried even if it is a while off before i get to it.....

John

hopefully some pictures will appear, hopefully?

Attachments

• 3n23pe3l25O85Q95Sb9bi1688f62c83cc19e3.jpg
    3n23pe3l25O85Q95Sb9bi1688f62c83cc19e3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 14
  • 3kd3m03p45Td5Pd5S39bi58f4bb8e87bc1880.jpg
    3kd3m03p45Td5Pd5S39bi58f4bb8e87bc1880.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 13
Yeah i am really looking forward to it getting here and getting into it.
Hopefully it will make a nice everyday driver, thats the plan.
John

ROTFLMAO!!!

I sure wouldn't want to parallel park that beast......

If you're worried about wiring, you could convert the engine to a vintage carb and standalone ignition.

A Ford EDIS8 ignition is real easy to install, and I think someone there in Oz is making a tunnel ram manifold for a Holley. Only three wires and you can have a running engine.

power steering will take care of the parking, no problem.
The cabover is really no bigger than a regular F100 and i will build a slightly longer stepside bed to keep the proportions right.
Airbags will get it down out of the clouds too. and the full independent Lexus suspension will give it half a chance of riding and handling well.
The whole notion of using all the Lexus running gear is so i can have a daily driver thats economical and fun to drive whilst still having some all important character and patina. (i plan to leave the paint as is)
My wife is a motor trimmer so the interior also wont be a problem, and leather smells and feels good.

John