New guy...yay, lol

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

DJ420a

Hey guys, new to the forum. I picked myself up a 1992 SC400 that was abandoned for 700.00. I got the motor turning over with starting fluid today, but thats as far as I got. I really feel this car is a diamond in the ruff, I have alot of plans for it.

My first problem I think you guys can help me with. Since the car was abandoned, I have no key. What do I have to do to get a key that either has all the goodies on it or just a manual key? I'm seeing the word "reprogram" getting thrown around alot.

Im sure you may be wondering how I got it turning over, lol. Well, I took apart the lower dash and pulled off the switch at the rear of the locking cylinder. Im also thinking that it wont fully start since I don't have a "real" key, is there any truth to that?

Thanks guys
DJ

Welcome, and it sounds like you got a steal of a deal...

Unfortunately you will have to go to the dealer and order a key for your SC400... These are coded keys...Pricey too... If you don't want to spend $200-$300 for a new key you can always take apart the ignition and make it a push button start if you got some mechanical skills... (not practical though if you can't lock and open the car doors)

Well I found a locksmith about 45 minutes from me that got the code from giving him the VIN# and info on the pass. door handle and he will only charge 70 dollars to make me a key. I just dont want to spend that until I know I can get a title, which I was told I WILL end up with a title.

Problem Im having now, is getting the fuel running, I dont know if it key related or not. If you have time, check out my thread I made.

http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8711

...and thanks for the welcome :biggthumpup:

When I lost my LS400 key I had Sewell Lexus (lexus-parts.com) cut me a new one based off the VIN number and got it within a few days for $54 delivered. Cheaper than the $80 that local dealerships wanted.

WOW that's cheap I remember getting a key 10 years ago from the dealer and paying like $200... I guess lexus went down on their key prices over the years in which they should..