"new" 1999 GS400 - High Idle

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Spinnetti

Hi all, just got a "new" driveline donor. Currently in stock but somewhat smashed condition. It fires up and runs fine, but with a very high idle - is there a common cause for that?

Thx

p/s
one common reason for very high idle on these cars is DBW system failure. If this is the case, it would throw code 89, kick badly when shifting from N into D, and ignore throttle pedal unless you push it to the very floor

p/s
one common reason for very high idle on these cars is DBW system failure. If this is the case, it would throw code 89, kick badly when shifting from N into D, and ignore throttle pedal unless you push it to the very floor

Oh, I hope not that... would that be the pedal sensor? My guy that picked up the car said it was just high idle, but was able to drive it around. I planned to pull the driveline to put in my 91' LS, but will try to fix this before I move it all over. It was hit in the front, so maybe broke (Maf, or coolant sensor or something?).

Coolant sensor - hardly. MAF - maybe
There's nothing fancy about the ETCS-i system. Both pedal and throttle sensors are located on the throttle body assembly (in case of the GS400 being discussed). The other things that can fail are magnetic clutch and the throttle motor itself, or something may get stuck inside

Anyway just read the codes. Short two pins in the connector, turn ignition on and read the codes. It's easier than keep on guessing

Coolant sensor - hardly. MAF - maybe
There's nothing fancy about the ETCS-i system. Both pedal and throttle sensors are located on the throttle body assembly (in case of the GS400 being discussed). The other things that can fail are magnetic clutch and the throttle motor itself, or something may get stuck inside

Anyway just read the codes. Short two pins in the connector, turn ignition on and read the codes. It's easier than keep on guessing

Well, I'm guessing at the moment because the car is 200km away! When I get to it, I'll stop guessing ;)