need to use shorter belt

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Wooden Rodder

Fitting a 1UZ to a T bucket. don't need power steering pump, A/C pump. Are there shorter belts available. Only need a basic wiring harness, headlights, indicators, stop lights, engine/auto, speedo . No wipers, radio/cd, elec windows. Any advice appreciated
Cheers

I think Zuffen & others have run theirs with only an alternator after fabricating a slider type bracket for belt tensioning. Perhaps one of those will chime in here and tell you which belt works.

Found this photo, which is probably part of a supercharger setup, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• Alternator reloc.jpg
    Alternator reloc.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 7
I ran/run (if I ever get it going again!) my engine without air con.

Running without the air con allows you to just use a shorter belt.

You can keep the stock tensioner if you substitute an idler for the power steering pump.

As for belt length simply measure the length you need with a piece of string, or cut your existing belt to the size you need and go to REPCO and they'll have one that is close to your size.

One trick I did with measuring was to cut a belt and wrap it around all the pulleys (with the tensioner compressed) and then clamped the belt to the length I needed. If you take this to REPCO or similar they can measure it and sell you what you need. If the belt they sold you is too short or long, just return it for the belt you need.

As with all modifications there's a bit of fiddling around to make it work.

Making the alternator hinge off its bottom mount isn't hard and allows you to delete the tensioner.

Not the best pic but this is how i used to run my alternator, i had to use a 4pk belt as couldn't find a 6pk short enough but with plenty of wrap & only running the alt it was no problem.

Attachments

• Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 8