Need Tech Advise from the Nitrous System Experts

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
First, this isn't about running nitrous in my motor, it's about using nitrous nozzles and jets to spray methanol for a M/W injection system.

Second, since I don't know squat about nitrous systems, I don't even know if this is feasible, but the thought occurred to me, so I thought I'd float it here and see what other folks think.

Currently I'm running two methanol nozzles, a 375 ml/min & a 225 ml/min, which have orifice sizes of 0.030" and 0.022" respectively.

Do nitrous jets come in these sizes or smaller? I've only heard them referred to as "50 shot" or "150 shot", rather than their actual orifice size.

If the nitrous jets are in about the same size range, I may try to pick one or two of them up and see what sort of spray pattern they produce in comparison to the M/W nozzles.

John,
Just get aquamist nozzles mate...i seem to recall advising this in the past ;-)

Best spray pattern out there...top quality stainless construction. You can size them very accurately and given their tiny size you can place them just where you want them.

The ultimate for you would be an 8 nozzle system tapped into the Richwood manifold (there's the guy on here with the big two step nitrous setup that also uses this WI setup). If i go back to a twin charge setup this is what i will do.

Cheaper than nitrous nozzles as well :)

I currently use x2 nozzles and have yet to see another nozzle type deliver as fine a spray pattern...line pressure is approx 100psi. With the size i use (0.5mm i think?) i get approx 300cc/min.

With 400rwkw, virtually no intake temp increase with boost increase and intake temps usually around 30deg C you'd have to agree this very simple setup works darn well? that's 17psi boost on a 10:1 comp engine remember ;-)

Cheers Justen, I'll have another look at the Aquamist nozzles. I have no problem with the pattern produced by the Snow's, it's just that they're 1/8" NPT, and by the time you jig them up in a 1/4" NPT holder, you've used up a lot of real estate. If the Aquamist are smaller and more compact, that's what I'm after.

An 8 nozzle setup would be the ultimate, but I'll settle for 4 ;-)

One concern I'd have about 8 tiny nozzles would be their increased potential for plugging.....

Mine have been on the car for 4 years now and i've yet to have an issue. Because of the coupling system it's literally 30 seconds to remove them to clean though....i do this every once in a while.

Aquamist can also supply screens, filters and even pressure alarms if you so choose and knowing your engineering bent for detailn i suspect you might :)

Justen remind me again how many nozzles you're running? Any pics of them installed?

What's the coupling system you speak of? I saw some indirect references to it on their website, but no pics of it. Is it a two piece system that lets you leave the nozzle in situ and just remove the jet or orifice for cleaning?

Found Paul's nitrous/methanol fueling system: http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showpost.php?p=92186&postcount=10

Very functional for a race car, but a bit more than I care to do ;-)

Edit: Oops, reread your earlier post and see that you're running 2 nozzles.

Yeah 2 nozzles so i can use the smaller ones and get the finest misting.

The nozzles use that nylon high pressure tubing which in turn can use push-loc connectors.....just unclip the line in 2 seconds with no tools and unscrew the o-ringed nozzles...done in seconds :)