need some help, probably electrical.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

GT400

So as many of you know, i have been driving my 1UZ supra as a daily driver for a couple years. It has been doing fine recently, after finally solving my starting issues. Yesterday i was driving through a subdivision, at low speed, and the car turned off. just shut right down. I pulled to a stop, cranked it, and it just spun over. Then, a moment later it started right up and drove home fine. Later it did the same thing, but then would only run for 10 sec to a min before shutting right back off.

It does not hesitate, or miss, or stumble, it is just like turning off the key. I'm initially thinking ignitors or computer, because i know the fuel pump is working.

Any ideas would be useful, i'll be towing the car to my shop later tonight, and tearing into it tomorrow.

Thanks in Advance,
Daniel

I had exactly the same problem with my conversion a while back, it was a loose fuse, the one that provides constant 12v to the ECU.
Hope that helps.

I've had dodgy connections between my harness and my standalone AEM several times with the same symptoms. The engine just goes out like a light.

If you want to test for it, simply wiggle the harness where it plugs into the ECU.

Tightening the little connectors a bit with needle nose pliers sometimes works, but be careful not to squash them..........

The main ones to be tightened are the power into the ECU, then the master relay output.

Ok, i fixed it. The wire i ran to power the ecu had come loose, so it was making contact sometimes, then vibrating back loose.

whew... glad it was something simple.

Thanks for the input guys.