Need Some Headers!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

redelman

I've been researching headers for my 1994 SC400 1UZ-FE. I've seen rushimports set. Nice, but are they the most efficient? They are piped #1 & #3 and #5 & #7 together. Isn't #1 & #5 and #3 & #7 a better configiration? What are my alternatives? I know I'm limited with space requirements and clearance.

Yes, 1 and 5, 3 and 7 are the better way to do it.
I'm not sure why rush imports did it like that.

But when I got mine made up, the exhaust guy did it right.
extractors_passengers_side_7.jpg

Nice smooth bends, Peewee. The rush imports are long and have smooth mandrel bends. My car is a LHD, east coast USA. Do Tundra headers have the same bolt pattern as the '94 1UZ-FE 4.0L V8? What about the shorty headers that clublexus was developing? Any feedback from that project?

Well, I submitted my commitment to purchase headers to JBrady today. Maybe by this summer I can install them. In the meantime, I've ordered the second to last pieces of my new exhaust. After reading alot from JBrady's "exhaust advice columns", this is what I'm installing. 94 SC400 - 2-Magnaflow round body high flow converters #54305 at 2-1/4" in/out, then 2-1/4" pipe to reducer and 2-1/2" X-pipe, then 2-1/2" pipe to 2-2-1/4" Magnaflow straight thru #10415 to 2-1/2" pipe to 2-Dynomax super turbo mufflers #17734 2-1/2" in/out w/new tips. Just need O2 sensor mount pipes. I shouldn't loose much low end torque w/half being 2-1/4" pipe and still be set up for future turbo application.

redelman said:
Well, I submitted my commitment to purchase headers to JBrady today. Maybe by this summer I can install them. In the meantime, I've ordered the second to last pieces of my new exhaust. After reading alot from JBrady's "exhaust advice columns", this is what I'm installing. 94 SC400 - 2-Magnaflow round body high flow converters #54305 at 2-1/4" in/out, then 2-1/4" pipe to reducer and 2-1/2" X-pipe, then 2-1/2" pipe to 2-2-1/4" Magnaflow straight thru #10415 to 2-1/2" pipe to 2-Dynomax super turbo mufflers #17734 2-1/2" in/out w/new tips. Just need O2 sensor mount pipes. I shouldn't loose much low end torque w/half being 2-1/4" pipe and still be set up for future turbo application.

Why are you using a 2.5" X pipe? The idea is to keep velocity high through this pipe and the larger diameter will slow velocity. Get a 2.25" X pipe. A reasonable one can be had in stainless for $35 http://www.exhaustproslinc.com/humaxpiass.html

Run 2.25 to the mufflers.

I got the 2-1/2" x-pipe system from JCWhitney for $110, comes w/4 mandrel 45's about 28" long each. I could always use the 2-1/2" system on my 351W engine on one of my Ford vans. Getting the 2-1/4" x-pipe, I'll order new 2-1/4" in/out Dynomax stainless turbo mufflers. I'll use the other mufflers & pipes on the van. I just bought 2 original stainless chrome tips off EBay - $35, not bad. Sound good?