need some basic 1uz info!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

erik.wyatt1

ok guys...heres my prob! I have a '91 ls400 with close to 170,000 miles on it, that just isnt fast enough. ive been researching on here the best i can for information concerning my car i.e. looking at others builds, different questions, and different projects, but as this is my first foreign car, plus being fuel injected, i am getting extremely confused. what are the differences between alot of your cars that come from australia, nz, etc, compared to mine being a u.s. car?
emissions for example? or the fuel system? is it all the same...can i order cams from a nz dealer? if someone could hook me up with a website containing the basics with some indepth information on the 1uzfe i would be the happiest person alive!
after i got this car i realized the potential it has to be an extremely fast and versatile car but dont know where to start for parts or working on it! Lextreme.com has been a savior and if anyone has anything else i would appreciate it
-erik

some terms eh?

is there also a place i can find all the different terms...like the difference of a w58 and a w55, what they came in...ya know like a break down of all the terms associated with these cars? like i said any help would be awesome....i read a reply that someone put out that went along the lines of "when it comes the 1uz, we are all pioneers". i really hope to get my car to the level alot of you guys have gotten yours!

Attachments

• 3.710_3.25.jpg
    3.710_3.25.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 3.710_3.31.jpg
    3.710_3.31.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 3
I'd love to help... but Im a learner too.

I'll say this - the search function on this site makes my life really easy. Ive been going on the theory of search, read then ask to clarify specific points.

Yes, I thoroughly recommend spending the next few nights searching this site.

I can safely say that every question you have asked has been answered more than once, so the information shouldn't be *too* hard to find.

If you are satisfied that you have searched high and low, and still cannot find the answer to a specific question, feel free to ask.

Attachments

• HPIM0057.JPG
    HPIM0057.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 34
thanks guys, i appreciate it...if only it was a perfect world to where i can find everything i want, all at one time, and learn it all in an instant...but instead, the more time it takes to learn, the greater the knowledge!

Read and learn and grab a wrench and tinker...

Try the search function and just read and learn...After about a year or a little more of reading you may just understand all this car stuff bumber to bumber... Also the 1UZ-FE is the name of the V8 engine that is both in the early model SC4's and LS4's..Next is the 2UZ..etc.. Check out this website for starters....

http://www.intellexual.net is a good place to start....

Aussie Lex/Soarer motors don't have the EGR system for emissions but the dynamics and internals of the engines are the same...Kelford cams would work fine on a US Lex motor...Really no differences worth worrying about...Happy learning!!!!!
-erik[/QUOTE]

awesome....i was hunting around too and couldnt find aywhere to break down the nomenclature for different trannys or rearends. is it just me or does it seem that there virtually nothing out there to rebuild or beef up a tranny, and no ways aftermarket gearing for the rear ends?
-erik

Ok, I will try and make it easy for those struggling with the Search function -

TRANSMISSIONS - Most SC400/LS400 (Actually few) swap in the R154 (SC300 5 speed manual)) and the V160 (Supra 93+ tt 6 speed manual) trannies. Those two fit in very well which makes the swaps go well...The R154 can handle approx. 600rwhp and the V160 even more, maybe 1000rwhp...Also there are several import tranny shops that will build up your stock SC400 tranny for you, like I am doing....

Again use the "search function" and use phrases like (tranny build, transmission build, beefing up the tranny, tranny swap, etc..) you will find all the information you are looking for....

REAR ENDS (differentials and gearing) - I forgot which gearing is in what car, but manual sc300 and manual 6 speed supra differentials have a more aggressive differential gearing ratio in comparisons to the SC400's and LS400 automatic stock differentials...Internal gearing Parts are swapable between the cars. You need to find out what type of gearing ratio is on which car.....Options are limited...

LITMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIALS - This is a good idea to get increased traction where as power is distributed to both the rear wheels as apposed to the LEXUS "open end" stock differentials which power is only distributed to one rear wheel...Note: Traction control is not an LSD and still operates within the open end differential...

LSD's that are available for the LS's/SC4's are the TRD, TORSEN, KAAZ's, etc...The cheapest LSD is the used Torsen which comes off the 1993 + year Supra TT automatics...TRD is probably the best....KAAZ is the most aggresive...

Hope this info helps......

PS. If anyone wants to add to what I just said go right ahead, I am sure I left out something or two...

thanks....that cleared alot up...so if i am looking to more of a monster out of my car, i shold hunt down the v160 with the kaaz to back it up if im looking for grunt and the trd if im looking for all around goodness?

A tracK race car maybe...Yes.. The KAAZ may be a little too agressive for most street drivers...Frequent maintenance is required every two thousand miles, makes noise when cornering...etc.. They can be adjusted but are still too much trouble.....The TRD would be my first choice, then the Torsen Supra....

The V160 tranny is a fine choice as it is a pure pleasure to drive, street or track....and also you get that 6th gear and that unbelieveable 4 digit hp holding capacity...There are V160 swap threads on this forum if you are serious about it......Search the Supra forums to purchase a used one or even Ebay...

If you have some money to burn, time, and a determination you will have fun and a fast SC400...Just becareful and be made aware that horsepower is addictive and you can easily get hooked and never seem to get enough:240: :trink26: :burnout: .......There is always going to be a car faster then yours out their....

With all that being said it's still a gas........:headbang: