Need Help 1993 LS 400 Hesitation!!!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

geoquest

I have a 93 LS 400 and have engine cut-off problems under heavy throttle. It feels like it hits the rev limiter. If you mash the throttle it will cut off at around 2000 RPM. I took it to a local shop with computer diagnostic equipment and it read code 41 TPS sensor. Changed out the TPS sensor and it fixed the problem for a day. Problem came back. Scanner reads code 41 again after another TPS. Also the scanner reads the output of the TPS and reaches about 25% and drops back to zero. I also noticed my shifting is too quick, all gears will go in before 25 MPH and the transmission lock-up converter is not engaging. Car runs like a champ if you granny drive it asside from the transmission shifting too early. On the scanner it also mentions fail-safe mode. Any Ideas?????

I have a 93 LS 400 and have engine cut-off problems under heavy throttle. It feels like it hits the rev limiter. If you mash the throttle it will cut off at around 2000 RPM. I took it to a local shop with computer diagnostic equipment and it read code 41 TPS sensor. Changed out the TPS sensor and it fixed the problem for a day. Problem came back. Scanner reads code 41 again after another TPS. Also the scanner reads the output of the TPS and reaches about 25% and drops back to zero. I also noticed my shifting is too quick, all gears will go in before 25 MPH and the transmission lock-up converter is not engaging. Car runs like a champ if you granny drive it asside from the transmission shifting too early. On the scanner it also mentions fail-safe mode. Any Ideas?????

I'm having the same symptons with my '95 LS 400, did you ever get the problem solved? Thanks.

LS400GUY

Sounds like your car just needs tuning... and i dont mean w/ a laptop. Your TPS, throttle cable and most importantly, your transmission cable all need to get tweaked. You stated your TPS is coming up? Well that might cause the hesitation but the shifting issues and associated w/ your tranny cable. Adjust it, play around w/ the threads and it will throw up/down your shift points. If the line pressure is too tight your tranny will "slam" into gear and will have some hesitation dropping to lower gears. Too loose and your rev limiter will be compromised and you will have "lazy" gears. Your car will have some better top end because of the delayed shifts.

installed my supercharger and w/ the stock line prssure i was revving to 7k w/o me even knowing it. I had to tighten the line pressure to keep the transmission under control.

hope this helps...