Need better shifting on my 1992 sc400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

pwashking

I just got my sc400 and love it. Ive added Injen intake cut off the cats center cat as well. Oh new plugs, piggy back for the ecu, walborro fuel pump and just added a nitros kit with only the 75 jets in at the moment. Want to go with the 100s or 125 ? Im such a newbie and not much of a machanic. Ive lurked a lot in forums and fell in love with my ride..I feel the tranny don't shift between gears as fast as I would like. I read online where some guy said something about cutting the accumulator wire for better shifting. no one I've ask about this has ever heard of this..Does anyone know if this guy is just full of it or knows something I cant seem to find more about. he said lexus didnt want the rear end to set down while shifting and the accumaltor sensor or what ever it is was installed for smoother shifting...what else can I do for quicker shifting with the mods that I have...Thanks in advance for your help..

The first and official mod is to put in a high stall torque converter. You can start with 2800 RPM one. This will shift much better than stock. After that mod, if you still need a firmer (more jerky) shifting, you can try to play with the accumulator and such. Lextreme can do this for you.

However, instead of moddifying the accumulators, you can send the valvebody to the hi-performance tranny pro and he'll put the shift kit in. That also includes the accumulators, and modifying the oil plate to allow higher pressure resulting in longer lasting tranny and quicker shifting.

The first and official mod is to put in a high stall torque converter. You can start with 2800 RPM one. This will shift much better than stock. After that mod, if you still need a firmer (more jerky) shifting, you can try to play with the accumulator and such. Lextreme can do this for you....
I mean Lextreme can rebuild the torque converter into a high stall speed one. He doesn't do the accumulators. lol.

The first and official mod is to put in a high stall torque converter. You can start with 2800 RPM one. This will shift much better than stock. After that mod, if you still need a firmer (more jerky) shifting, you can try to play with the accumulator and such. Lextreme can do this for you.

However, instead of moddifying the accumulators, you can send the valvebody to the hi-performance tranny pro and he'll put the shift kit in. That also includes the accumulators, and modifying the oil plate to allow higher pressure resulting in longer lasting tranny and quicker shifting.

who is the "tranny pro"? would this same pro know if you can swap the 1-4 gears from the 5 speed into the 4 speed?

Restalling the converter won't effect shifting. Get the valve body modified from the link for IPT provided. That will shift much quicker, and make the trans more reliable with stronger holding of the clutch packs.