Need 20-50hp more out of my IFZ-FE motor??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibby

I should probably post this on a Toyota Landcruiser Forum but I figure this engine is close to the Supra's and you guys are all so smart, and maybe someone can offer me some suggestions on how to get 20-50 more hp out of this motor.

Here is the deal, I have a mint condition 1993 Toyota Lancruiser in and out which I do not want to sell for a muscle truck, the cruiser is equiped with the straight six cylinder IFZ-FE motor. I will be towing my sc400 on full carrier with this landcruiser and I am afraid it may be a little underpowered for hills. I have already put a K@N airfilter, highflow cat and quietflow muffler on it, dumped the resignator that is all. The car pulls strong for that year landcruiser but for me to feel confident I would love to squeeze 20-50 more hp out of that motor. Any cost effective suggestions? I am towing from the sc400 from California to Florida a 3 day road trip. Here are a couple of pics of the cruiser motor, the Cruiser and Lex I will be towing in a few months.

This enough for you?

ape3sml7hv.jpg

Thanks peewee, but that is not enough hp not even close, yeah right. I said 20-50hp not 200-500hp, damn I don't want my truck to beat out my sc400!!! Anyway, is that a IFZ-FE motor you have that big ass garret turbo on? What car is that in a Supra?

Now, I thought about a TRD supercharger for the IFZ-FE, I know they made a mild production TRD S.C. for this truck and I think they called they called it the Supercruiser, limited production. I was thinking cost effective and reliable, what's the deal with those headers of yours? Make a difference, how loud, what hp gains, will they work on the cruiser? I need ideas, no air forced induction if possible to much $$$$, I am saving that for the sc. late-

Shaun would you mind swapping motors with me,, my engine doesn't use oil, and it's clean, please????? I need the Garret too. A little love please?? I won't even ask you to install it for me, I will let you off the hook on that. You know what I am feeling generous, I will even throw in the K@N filter what do you say?? He He-

Ahh that would be rare as in Australia, never seen one exept on classic crown site, MY uncle had a crown custom Wagon the same model as that, it was Very rare here. they look fast, that one would be fast

Sheeet that Crown is rare in the USA as well, I have never seen one, we have the 1970's Dodge Charger, 1970's Mustang Hatchbacks, and a 1965-67 Camaro SS which all kinda look like the Crown. Anyway it looks like an early Model American Muscle Car. Cool !!!!!!

I have seen a few around in Adelaide.
They always stand out because they are sooo friggin ugly
mischievous.gif

I lived in Adelaide until one month ago, and i never got to see this beast run
sorry.gif

I installed K@N filter and highflow intake and complete exhaust mods (mandrel pipes, high flow muffler, highflowing cat, and now headers....Got some decent topend gains to my suprise... Still can't pull a boat or full car with confidence up hills but getting real close...

Any ideas on how to pick up maybe 30 more horsepower?

I am thinking piggyback ECU and tune to pick up a few more ponies....

rather than increase the power, why not change the diff out, to increase the torque?

sure, you'll lose some fuel efficiency, but its probably the cheapest option...

oh... except its 4wd, isn't it... :p hmm

Jibby, if you already have all the torque you need down low, and are only looking for occasional top end HP for passing, etc. why not put a NOS kit on it?

If it's continuous top end HP that you need, then you probably ought to be looking at a centrifugal SC, or cams/exhaust/piggyback, etc.

The gains I want are for towing and not for passing...Well passing would be nice too.... Some decent highend power was gained with the full exhaust and intake mods.. I am really just looking for a bit more mid range power..

I think if I want to squeeze some more N/A juice out of this truck I got to work with the cams, maybe some high flowing head work, Piggyback ECU and fine tune...

That's about it unless any of you genuises can think of anything else?

I am really trying to avoid boost...It already eats gas like a pig. If I Boost it am I'm getting as good gas mileage as a big arse RV....At $3.50 a gallon and probably climbing it's just not worth it to me... It's really just a work truck and vacation long haul truck anyway.. It's just a little underpowered when trying to tow a good size boat or a my SC4 with this Landcruiser, especially climbing hills.. The brakes are up for it, the AWD tranny is up for it, the motor is just a little suspect with a 4.5L inline six...

Thanks for all the replies, I am sure this thread is not very exciting for most...all apologies...

i think if you want more power, you should put a 1UZFE in it!!!

1FZ-FE:
max power: 158kw @ 4600rpm
max torque: 373nM @ 3200rpm

1UZ-FE:
max power: 191kw @ 5400rpm
max torque: 353nM @ 4600rpm

or, better get, a 2JZGTE ;)

max power: 206kw @ 5600rpm
max torque: 431nM @ 3600rpm