Nasty Waterpump

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I would not want to disclose this member's engine but you can see the pictures below. Its just purely nasty. He put in the waterpump initially and it leak then he add extra silicon sealer. He did fix the leak but he also created another problem. However, he is very lucky no overheating issue yet.

Picture #1: Red silicon squezing out from the waterpump

Picture #2: More detail on the over silicon sealer

Picture #3: Picture of execessive sealer inside of the water pump

Picture #4: More detail on the sealer inside of the waterpump

Picture #5: More detail on the sealer inside of the waterpump

Picture #6: Water pump gasket

Why we shouldn't use silicon sealer? If you have experience with it then its ok. However, more diy are not experienced therefore I recommend getting a water gasket for your repairs.

When you buy a water pump from a local Lexus dealer you don't get the waterpump gasket. Most Lexus tech won't know this gasket exist. I have been to many dealers and most part tech guys are not that knowledgeable. I highly recommend this gasket to save u headaches and thousands of dollars.

When those silicon sealers got loose and block your water passages and this will lead to overheating. I had this incident to my engine and overheated and damaged my heads. I got a connection with my buddy on those gaskets and they are $10 each plus shipping.

Yeah that person had no idea what they were doing. I wouldn't be suprised if there was some silicon floating around in the coolant passages somewhere.
A thin continous bead is all thats required.

There's no need to apply any sealer to the pump or engine block. Just clean the surfaces and install a new gasket. See the black areas on the gasket? That's basically a rubber sealant.

Pamela Anderson doesn't even have that much silicon.

Loctite 518 is the one to use, or a gasket as Lex suggests.

Speaking of silicon stuck in the radiator. I had that problem too. When I took out my radiator and upgraded to the Supra TT. In the Celsior when there is a banjo joint. Lots of silicon stuck there. I am pretty sure Pamela have alot more and better quality silicon.

Way too much silicon was used in the first place. When he compressed it, it squeezed out into the passages everywhere.
On an application where you're sealing pasageways, a real gasket > a made gasket.

You guys are sick and need help....Funny though, that is Pamela and her silicon baloons that may pop any day now....She must becareful around sharp objects....:love: :boggled: :crazy:

As far as using high temp silicon gasket maker...I have seen engine rebuilds with only the use of silicon gasket maker being used...I have used it for years and never had any problems, ever....The key is to really clean the surface and just apply enough and not over do it...Like in the pictures or like Pamela....