Nascar Tundra setup!!!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lowboost

I know the Tundra V8 Nascar truck motors make tons of power! Lets find out how! and how far they are bored over! and see if TRD is building them, I was watching a Nascar truck race tonight and they are dominating! Go Toyota!

The TRD nascar truck motor is a iron block aluminum head push rod motor. The motor is 358cid and produces 650hp. The bore is 4.185" and the stroke is 3.250" and the compression ratio is 12.0:1 and it uses a 390cfm carburetor. Thats all that I know about it.

The motor has absolutely nothing to do with the 1/2/3UZ motors. It was designed/built completely from scratch to maxmize any advantage within the rules/specs they were given, and becuase all of the current motors would never pass NASCAR's strict rules. A while back I think there was an article on hod-rod magazine about the motor. It was kind of interesting becuase unlike chevy/mopar/ford, they had a clean sheet of paper. The big three don't appear to deviate much from their production specs in terms of bore spacing, deck height, cam height, etc. In other words they aren't going to invent a brand new motor for NASCAR.

You do not want this motor, even though techincally it is for sale, as all NASCAR motors are, if you ask. That's apparantly one of the rules. Each motor builder has to sell parts if someone else is willing to buy.

photo_11.jpg
Toyota1.jpg

trd-engine.jpg

ENGINE:
Type: Toyota NASCAR V8
Displacement: 358 Cu. In.
Power: 650 BHP
Induction: Normally Aspirated with 390 cfm Carburetor
Bore: 4.185 Inches
Stroke: 3.250 Inches
Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
Engine Design: Toyota Racing Development, (TRD) U.S.A., Inc.
Fuel: Sunoco Racing Gasoline
Fuel Pump: TRD, U.S.A.
Exhaust: TRD U.S.A.

DRIVETRAIN:
Transmission: 4-Speed Manual
Clutch: Tilton 3-Disc
Final Drive: 9" Ford

CHAISIS/BODY:
Chassis: Steel Tube Frame w/ Safety Roll Cage
Body: Toyota Tundra
Designer: TRD, U.S.A.
Spoiler: 8 Inches, 65 Degree Angle
Steering: Delphi-Saginaw Steering Box
Seating: LaJoie Seating
Hoses and Coolers: C&R, Fluidyne, Goodridge

SUSPENSION:
Front: Unequal Length A-Arm
Rear: Trailing Arms with Panhard Rod
Shock Absorbers: Hydraulic, Single Adjustable

WHEELS/TIRES:
Wheels: NASCAR Steel 15 Inches x 9.5 Inches
Tires: Goodyear Wrangler
Brakes: Cast Iron Disc with Multi-Piston Caliper

MISC INFO:
Safety: Five-Point Safety Belts; Window Net; Fire System; Hood, Deck Lid and Spindle Restraint

DIMENSIONS:
Race Weight: 3,400 lbs.
Wheel Base: 112 Inches
Overall Length: 206.5 Inches
Overall Width: 80 Inches
Overall Height: 60 Inches
Ground Clearance: 4 inches
Track Width: 60.5 Inches
Fuel Capacity: 22 Gallons

The Ford 9" is the toughest readilly available diff around.

Why re-invent the wheel.

They just spent a small fortune designing a new motor.

Don't be surprised if the 4speed trans is a proprietory unit. Where would Toyota find a 4 speed manual in their system?

The NASCAR Truck Series Tundra has 0 to do with an actual toyota product.
Nothing on the Truck is Toyota. The sheet metal is somewhat made to look like a Tundra. If you saw one up close it has a lot different
As in the Nextel Cup Series up until 98 the only thing on the car that had to be the same as the make of the car/Truck was the floor pan.
This also is no longer used.
When Toyota made the pushrod V8 they studied the Chevy/Ford/Dodge V8's and took what they liked from each to make thier own motor.
And someone said it was an Iron block< this is incorrect. The block is aluminum.

Toyota is more of a sponsor

The TRD V8 is very similar to the SB2 Chevy engine. The bellhousings are made out of magnesium and have a GM 4 speed mount. Here is one of the transmissions that is used widely:

http://www.texracing.com/t101a.htm

Andrew

Attachments

• design1.jpg
    design1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 6
  • design2.jpg
    design2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 7
rdm20fan, I love your car, can you give me some info on it? like power? tuning? anything! sorry to get my thread off topic, just upset that they dont use the 2uz for nascar, but who cares, didnt think they would have.

Jeff

the other thing to add about the ford 9" is that it is a drop out chunk which makes for VERY easy gear changes. now why they didn't just use a quick change rear end, I dont know. (maybe rules dont allow) they are even easier then the ford 9" and far more ratios are avalible.

I think that the rules do not allow OHC motors, but not sure as they use too. Jag entered many years ago and won races with a DOHC motor as did toyota with a celica a few years back.

rdm20fan, Very impressed by your sc400tt can you give us some more details, i particularly like the 510hp on the dyno sheet,was that at 17lb boost if so how does the 1uz stay together, any help would be appreciated my project definitely needs 510hp.

Best regards
Lambo