NA head work?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

camshaft guy

We have been modifying these heads for a long time and we are up to 300cfm through the intake port @.500"v/l tested at 28"
but port flow numbers don't mean too much, you have to match the port flow and velocity to what the desired HP and RPM range is going to be. you also need to match intake and exhaust runner lengths and cam spec. the whole deal needs to work together as a package.

camshaft Guy,

Well said.

Our only problem is finding someone who has done enough work on the 1UZ to give a a firm and rational opinion as to what we should/should not do.

I am working toward supercharging (Eaton M112 and Intercooler off a Ford Lightning) and in reality do not have any information to fall back on as I don't think anyone has ever done this before.

I will need to decompress the heads and I would rather have the chambers modified than run fat head gaskets.

Can you give us all an indication of pricing for a few options i.e straight porting, chamber work and decompressing. Do you do a complete valve job and cam adjustment at the same time or is it machine only?

supercharging..

First you need to find out how efficient the chosen supercgarger is going to be on your engine, everything else needs to be designed around that.
There is no point building compression ratio, head and cams around 6500rpm if the supercharger is only going to be efficient up to 5000 etc.
most supercharger manufacturere will give you the info.

Squish is everything, never use thick head gaskets in any application, tight squish clearance is essential for good combustion, especially on turbo engines.

Cheers
KB

I agree with you about squish.

Thick head gaskets are a bit of a bodge way to reduce compression. Unfortunately this is the commonest way of people doing it.

Your right about laying out what the blower will do and where it will perform.

I am rushing ahead slowly so I do it once and do it right.