Mythbusters - Name that car!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

skid

One for the Americans I guess.

Just saw a really cool looking coupe on Mythbusters. It was used during an experiment too see if 500 butane cigarette lighters could explode in a car if heat was applied.

It did!!!! :eek:)

Anyway, I'm interested if anyone can enlighten me to what it was.

Cheers
Mark

Well we need to watch mythbusters to figure that out...My guess is not one person on this forum has watched that show....However, I have watched one episode but not the one you mentioned...

I saw the one where they strapped a rocket pack on and made a complete circle on a swing set.... Full loop... That shows pretty funny....

i saw that episode. i it looked like a Chrysler or and Oldsmobile. im not sure though, because i was only paying attention to the car when it blew up.

I'm not sure but I def liked the look of it.

From memory it had a coupe body but didn't appear too big. It had square ish rear light clusters with the edges rounded off. The front grill was not flat but slanted with the top further forward. The head lights were round and I think 4 of.

It had a strange mix of 70's Datsun rear lights, 70's Toyota feel to the front lights and on an American body.

I quite liked it! :eek:)

C'mon, somebody must know???? lol

It was an old corona, I think a 1970. I saw that episode. This was the second time they used that car. They cut the roof out to do an ejection seat.

Ahh, nevermind, it was a 1967 Toyota Corona, not a 1970.

What a shame, that thing was in great shape too.

here is a mint one.

ms06corona.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 10.JPG
    Picture 10.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 7
  • Picture 13.JPG
    Picture 13.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Picture 16.JPG
    Picture 16.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 6
that was an awesome episode! i think i would be really happy if i had their job!

Jibby, why would you say nobody here in the states would watch mythbusters? Its regularily on the discovery channel...?

Interesting the first post says for the Americans amongst us.

The show is aired around the world.

What you may not know but the show it is owned and produced for /by an Australian company that has always worked in the doco area.

The best car show I've found is Top Gear,
But they kinda have a thing agianst American built car's for some reason.:boggled:

Has anyone seen the latest episode where they travel to the USA and each buy car's for $1000. They go on a road trip from Miami to New Orleans and then try and sell the car's to get there money back?

funny as H**L lol

Mythbuster's is ok, never knew they were owned and run by an AUS company. never would have guessed that!

Interesting the first post says for the Americans amongst us.

The show is aired around the world.

Rodders old chap, to be fair I wasn't interested in the show, just the car and I thought it was a US domestic Coupe with Japanese style trim.

As for global shows, I'm glad Top Gear was brought up by someone else as bit my lip and resisted the temptation to post here first about the American show. My, how I laughed! ;)

Anyway... late 60's Corona Coupes... surely crying out for a 1UZ !?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Any in OZ up for sale? :)

Cheers
Mark

last time i checked Top Gear is a British show. filmed in the UK, with Brit hosts, and a Brit audience.

last time i checked Top Gear is a British show. filmed in the UK, with Brit hosts, and a Brit audience.

It is, we do get it here in AUS on SBS, but it's always on at some weird hour.
best way to see it is to download it from the net, same as Mythbusters,
infact downloading TV shows is the best way to see them, no ads, pause when ever you like. and in AUS were like 3 mounths behind the rest of the world.

EG: On tv here there showing episode 1 or 2 of Hereos but on the net you can download episode 16.

Anyway's back on topic