Name this part

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dewme5

I'm having a few small cold running issues, and while inspecting, I noticed this leaking some black tar like material.

Can anyone name what it is, or it's purpose?

1uzfevvti_ac1.JPG

Its the hydraulic fan solenoid. Controls the speed of the fan. I would give it a clean and see how long it takes for anything to leak again. It is quite normal to have a bit of weekage over many years. Cheers

I don't use the Hyd. fan, and the pump has been removed, making the solenoid uselsss.

What squeezed out, is close to 1/2 teaspoon. I'm having a new running issue with the motor, where on cold startup, only one coil is working. after about 75 seconds, the second coil kicks on. This problem started yesterday morning, and this black gunk from the solenoid is very new. I'm left wondering if the two are connected.

I have a 92 1uz from an SC400. It was dark out, so I couldn't get a good picture to show what I was looking at. Google images presented a shot that included the part, so I used it. To clarify, I have a non-vvti engine. I have two coils, one on top, and one on the drivers side (US drivers side).