My UZ's boost limit

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Would be good to see your dyno sheet to see how it relates to mine.
My last run was 528 RWHP on the dyno dynamics. 17lb boost, low comp. pistions, and big cams.(about the same as your stock engine).
Looks like 17 boost with 8.5 CR and bigger cam makes a big different..same 17 psi but "more" of it with lower compression,thus more volumn ?

Looks like 17 boost with 8.5 CR and bigger cam makes a big different..same 17 psi but "more" of it with lower compression,thus more volumn ?

HUH how's that? With approx 400rwkw i have approx 536rwhp so looks like low comp pistons NEED the cams to get back where hi comp started.

Hi comp at same boost as lower comp will always make more torque and ergo more hp if the tune is OK. Might be i am running more ignition advance as well?

Top secret eh....?(Flywheel/clutch)..
My bad on the other..thought boths was rwkw..where one is 400rwkw vs 528rwhp...whick makes both similar now..

It's a long and painful story RE the clutch...plenty of options out there as good or better than my setup so no need to relive the pain :)

Have the dyno sheet ready to go if i can find a scanner at work

Justen if you can't find a scanner, take a photo of it with a digicam and post that. It won't be as good as a scan, but it'll do....

Tuning mate, get the tuning sorted and the inherent engineering is there. Dunno how long it'll hang together at the 400rwkw mark but at 320rwkw it has done a heap of km's, track days, touring, drags etc etc so without doubt the standard package is hell strong.

I have the dyno sheet scanned but i have no URL to upload from...any takers i can email it to?

Ok here it is (didn't know i could upload straight from the pc).

Bear in mind that none of us expected this result so the scaling wasn't set the best and being a dyno comp there was no time to **** around. I'll get a better sheet next time i pay these guys a visit. Anyways, peak kw is there and you can just see the wheelspin as the dyno plot dips below the peak kw box.

This by far is the most positive stock internal demo of the 1uz.... Its constant power too,unlike Nos which is here and there useage..If we are talking 400rwkw..what is it at the crank..? 470fwkw?..Maybe you got one of those "900" handbuilt 1uz...(as legend has it)...Is there any truth that manuel trans yeild more power at the Dyno than auto's?

auto can be problematic on the dyno but in terms of drivetrain loss then an auto will always lose as the torque converter sucks up quite a few kw....once they are locked up i'm guessing they would be similar? never really played with autos much so they are a bit of a black art to me....always been more a circuit racer where autos need not apply ;)

Nothing mysterious about this engine at all. On 2 separate stock 3SGTE i saw 240rwkw and 270rwkw and there was more left in them. Not a huge leap to say a UZ is just 2x3SGTE (near enough) so a stock figure of 400rwkw is easily believeable. It terms of stress loads they are distributed about the same as x2 4 cyls and in some ways better as the V8 crank is better balanced. We all know the 6 bolt mains and forged crank is basically unbreakable .

It is amazing to see it actually do it but in hindsight we should just nod knowlingly and have pity on out poor pushrod mates :)

over here the rule of thumb most people go with on domestics are 15%manual 20% auto, i think because they want to be realistic and not overate thier hp.

over here the rule of thumb most people go with on domestics are 15%manual 20% auto, i think because they want to be realistic and not overate thier hp.

there are a few things you can do to the driveline to reduce those percentages. but they might not be very cost effective.

Drivetrain Loss is the same in my experience. I had 240rwkw in a Soarer 1jz auto, swapped transmissions and went for another dyno. No changes at all to the car apart from trans and ecu ( manual ecu swapped in) So no new plugs , oil, air filter, nothing!

Result was 5rwkw less, due to a hotter day i believe. Every one i knew had always claimed the 5sp Soarer had a different mapping in the ecu, or less drivetrain loss.

Attachments

• LEVY400 032.jpg
    LEVY400 032.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 7
  • LEVY400 021.jpg
    LEVY400 021.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 3
  • LEVY400 024.jpg
    LEVY400 024.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 3
  • LEVY400 025.jpg
    LEVY400 025.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 3
  • LEVY400 028.jpg
    LEVY400 028.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 5
  • LEVY400 030.jpg
    LEVY400 030.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 3
One car i can think of at the moment that works to that percentage lose rule is a mates XF falcon thats fitted with a 351 cleveland carby to sump (including ignition) crate engine that produced 585hp on an engine dyno.
that engine has now produced 408rwhp running through a C4 auto & 9inch diff, i don't have a calculator in front of me but i think that works out to be pretty close to 30%.

As far as i am concerned rear wheel HP is the only HP i am interested in, also it has to calculated off quarter mile times.