My UZ's boost limit

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
My motor does get hot alot quicker know that its supercharged but i also keep a really good eye on the temp guage & never let it get hotter than 115 degrees.

Lucky for you that you must have a track close by to go racing on, theres nothing of the sort up here in the north, even my closest drag strip is 700klms round trip.

It must really be in the intercooling that is allowing you to run the boost you are running, i know for sure there is no way i could run any were near the boost you are running.
I have experianced the same miss fire you had, when i originally put the blower on it came with a smaller pulley that gave me 12lbs by about 4500rpm, thats when the miss fire started so have no idea how much total boost would have been, timing was set at 6 degrees total & still getting some preignition.

eek yeah only 6 deg advanace doesn't give the mixture enough time to get a burn, hence the miss. It's a real soift miss, not sonmething i had ever experienced before and prob why it took a little while to figure out.

Intercooling makes a HUGE difference. I can't recall exact pre and post figures but it pulls alot of heat out of the intake charge. The WI is even better. On full boost in a 30deg dyno room intaket emp was around 30-31 deg on just the IC (nearly 100% efficient when acting as a heat sink) and it dropped to 25deg with the WI...the evap cooling effect is much better than i expected.

What kind of wi setup are you running? I'm thinking about installing this myself, but haven't found anything i really like yet.

I'm interested in what Water injection you useing as well?

Ray Hall tuned my car, he knew straight away what the miss problem was, just sent me away to lower the boost levels so he could do a proper tune on it, which was done.

I use a Shurflo 120psi pump and a couple of aquamist 0.5mm nozzles, so a bit of a combo kit i put togther myself. The autronic activates it at 5psi.

Search the forums as another aussie dude has an awesome 8 jet aquamist setup, perhaps the ultimate WI setup.

It was Duane from Superior marine.He has a TT 1uzfe in a Patrol.
After seeing his rods I pulled down my new engine to fit the Agro Rods.

Well boys and girls. After a quick tune as mentioned before i had a shot at running it in anger today at local dynoday....Dyno Dynamics dyno not that dynojet crap.

On 17psi (remember this is all stock internals) the GT8 laid down 388rwkw :shock: with substantial wheelspin :Eyecrazy: It was strapped and dudes piled in the back but basically they didn't have the 30 minutes to strap it down properly and she still had very noticeable wheelspin top end.

Dyno guy was 100% confident it has 400+rwkw based on where the dyno chart was heading.

Personally i'm happy with 388rwkw but will shoot for the magic 400 next chance i get :)

Dunno how long it would hold together with this boost and it's just stupid on the street so i'll run it around at the happy 320rwkw level and only crank the boost up when really needed.

Yeah i have the dyno sheets. Totally stoked...was pretty confident of hitting 350rwkw but 388 (400?) was way beyond expectations

Attachments

• P4100035.jpg
    P4100035.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 8
  • P4100037.jpg
    P4100037.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 6
  • P4100036.jpg
    P4100036.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 19
  • P4100038.jpg
    P4100038.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 8
Very nice ..350-400rwkw in a light weight car...Zoooooom.....You are running TKO 600 box right? What clutch setup are you using?

Attachments

• BBQ_3-25_015[1].jpg
    BBQ_3-25_015[1].jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 6
Zoom is the word. With 320rwkw it ran 11.7@122mph on my daily street tyres so would have been looking pretty good for a 10 sec pass on something sticky.

With aprox 400rwkw a 10 will almost be doable on the street rubber if i can get off the line well. I have some MT Street ET to try so if the rear outer CV can hiold together i think a 10 is in the bag now.

Yup i run the TKO600 with a custom twin plate button clutch

wow, good effort mate! Im assuming the Autronic you are using is the SM4..They are a great peice of gear, i was contemplating using one but it was just outside my budget..
Im going to be using a LINK G2 insted, in sure this will be ample as im only (LOL@only) after 300rwkw..
Anyway im real interested to learnmore about your setup, so if you have a link to anywhere you have posted it id be keen for a read!

cheers, i just did a bit of serching and found what i needed to know on toymods..
Are you still using the 7M 440cc injectors?
I was also contemplating them as well as i have 6 sitting around after my conversion..
Im looking at using a pair of TD05's as they are readly avalible 2nd hand or i might use a single T78 or T88.. Depending on how nuts i want to go, i would also be looking at keeping below 18lbs for reliablity sake..

I do have some dyno vid somewhere showing it climb out of the rollers..scarey ****. Quite a bit of vid floating around the web so again, google is your friend :) Youtube has a cool burnout vid i believe

Not much to tell David. Just the TKO600 with the CRS bellhousing, a shifter i made, custom tailshaft, custom twinplate clutch.

Would be good to see your dyno sheet to see how it relates to mine.
My last run was 528 RWHP on the dyno dynamics. 17lb boost, low comp. pistions, and big cams.(about the same as your stock engine).