My track day at California Speedway

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

markstoys

First a couple of pics:

IMG_3032_zps69aaaa46.jpg

IMG_3034_zps5173c9bb.jpg
That Cobra did not survive the day--broken shifter and straight off at the button hook. No other damage though. Luckily, I survived with no probelms.

I have to put a disclaimer on the video: my fuel map over 5000 RPM or over 7 PSI of boost was so rich it was like hitting a rev limiter at either of those points. The boost limit was really frustrating because I had to really feather the throttle, and I could NEVER go to full throttle. Also, I was running crappy brake pads that were not up to the task, so stopping after a few brake zones became really scary. I know that even with these limitations, I was still holding the car back. Each lap in this session was two seconds faster than the last: 2:17, 2:15, 2:13, and 2:11. The one in this video was the fast one.

http://youtu.be/FmKtW3aZQEE

All in all, I had a blast. I highly recommend going to a track event, it is totally worth the money and the only way to REALLY know what you and your car can do.

Nice... 76' ish?

This was my last track day... Its a 1uz in its original home ;)

Attachments

• 483-AmericanIrony12-UG.jpg
    483-AmericanIrony12-UG.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 11
Cool car in the best color/finish.
Will be a lot more fun when you can really give the berries.
Is motor stock or had work?
Is it still a street car?

Cheers Brenton

The motor internals are still stock--but pretty much everything that bolts on has been upgraded: headers, intake,COPs, injectors, hyd fan delete.

That license plate on the front is not just for looks! The car is registered and insured. In fact, I drove it 30 miles to work (and 30 miles home) yesterday. It is very pleasant to drive on the street: smooth ride, not too low (no sraping), not too loud, smooth power delivery.

Mark

What ECU are you running?

Link G3

Ohh and you need a bigger blower :) the M122's are cheap as chips over there or a nice TVS2300 :)

It is true that the M122's are a really good deal, but the M112s still cost less than half as much as the M122. And my M112 makes 7 psi while keeping my intake air temps really cool, and it will easily make 10 or 12 psi when I am done tuning. This is about as much as a stock bottom end can handle, so I don't really see a need to upgrade--at least not yet.

Mark

I picked up a m122 about 6 months ago that was damn near new for 500$. So there's definately some deals out there. But if you went that way you definately need to make some changes to the snout setup.

Link G3

It is true that the M122's are a really good deal, but the M112s still cost less than half as much as the M122. And my M112 makes 7 psi while keeping my intake air temps really cool, and it will easily make 10 or 12 psi when I am done tuning. This is about as much as a stock bottom end can handle, so I don't really see a need to upgrade--at least not yet.

Mark

I ended up with 215rwkw on my 9/96 1uz running 7psi non-intercooled, is yours a pre 96 motor with the big rods?

I can't wait to see what I get with my tvs2300 and E85 setup :) (on an early beefy rod motor)

I ended up with 215rwkw on my 9/96 1uz running 7psi non-intercooled, is yours a pre 96 motor with the big rods?

I can't wait to see what I get with my tvs2300 and E85 setup :) (on an early beefy rod motor)

yeah, mine's a '92. When I get it running halfway decent over 5000 RPM, I'll try to get it on a dyno and see what I get.

When will you have your new set up running?

Mark