my steampipe headers

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Very interesting... fenderwell long tubes.

Lots of work here, good effort.

Did you ever do a dyno?

What is the vehicle weight?

What is the ID of the pipes?

car isn't running yet, i still have to clean up the welds and hit it with hi-temp paint. car weighs 1321kg.

cheers for the sentiments - they took forever to make, and just little things like the top pipe not fitting by 5.0mm, so having to cut a 5.0mm sliver out of the pipe and re-join it really takes time.

but by far the most time was taken near the master cyl/booster, trying to get it all thru that teeny-tiny-little gap there.

it's more of a "what fits" rather than "what works", but they seem to look the goods.

and i think they're 32mm ID, into 2x 2in pipes (per side) and then into a single 1 7/8in pipe all the way back to the std rear muffler. at the moment, it's just to keep it quiet and keep cost down. it will all be out the window when i look at FI anyways.

what are fenderwell long tubes?

Fenderwell longtubes refers to the type of headers. Longtube vs. a shorty design. Fenderwell meaning they exit the engine compartment into the wheelwells hence the word "fenderwell". Usually only seen on big engines in small drag racing cars... done for clearance...

I meant did you ever do a baseline dyno or has the car not been running on the 1UZFE yet period.

nah car hasn't even been started with the 1UZFE in it period. it had the L24B sixpot in it beforehand.

the best bit is, the fender cutouts were there from the factory. i just removed the rubber sleeve and lo-and-behold!

P240,

You must be most adept at removing and refitting those pipes by now. Must have seen a few beers go down to keep going.

One question on you fuel system. I guess the large pump is the FI pump and the little pump the lift pump?

If my guess is right I would loop the FI pump feed around the surge tank so it runs downhill to the pump. Additionally I would relocate the filter to after the pump. FI pumps don't like the restriction of a filter on the inlet side.

Excellent job.

Not sure about the Datto signs on the cam covers.