My manifold so far

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

markstoys

I don't know if this is going to help any of you who are trying to keep your SC under the hood (bonnet) but this is what I doing with mine. I do not have it as far down as possible for two reasons: 1) I want to put an intercooler core inside the manifold, and 2) I wanted to clear the stock fuel rail/injector mounting bolts (look at the third pic). Also, remember that this is still in the mock-up stage. I have so many variables to consider on this little project that I plan on mocking EVERYTHING up until I have everything in--only then will fabrication of the real things begin.

I know it's not a very elegant design (nowhere near as pretty as the Richwood), but it will get the job done.

intake_top_web.jpg

intake_side_web.jpg

injector_clearance_web.jpg

Below is the belt routing. All I really had to change was the upper idler, from ribbed to smooth. I got that pulley from the local pick a part, but it is the same as the idler for the timing belt on this engine. The sharp eyed viewer may notice that I removed the hydraulic fan pump. I just bolted a plate in place of the pump front cover and bolted the new pulley to the plate. I got that pulley off a Mitsubishi at the pick a part, but I forget what model.
belt_routing_web.jpg

Nice work. The top flange that the SC bolts to looks maybe a bit thin. Can you get thicker plate or possibly cut another and weld together?

Nice work. The top flange that the SC bolts to looks maybe a bit thin. Can you get thicker plate or possibly cut another and weld together?

This is just a mock up. I wasn't sure what was going to work, and we had some 1/4" plate at the shop, so that's what I grabbed. The actual manifold will be made from 3/8", which I had to purchase since we don't have any at work.

Mark

you guys are great,,,,
its always so nice when someone makes exactly what you have been carrying around in your head for months... its like you came in here and got it...nice work...
can't wait to see it done...