MR2 wiring to 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lowboost

HI gang, regarding my swap... This past weekend I took out my 1uzfe, well looking over the wiring harness I realized, I dont want wiring out my ass. So whats the best way to take care of this? EMS yes, but I sorta wanted to use the OEM computer at the moment. Im probably going to use a turbo MR2 engine harness with NA MR2 car harness and just use the injector harness and ecu from the 1uz. Its a big mess to me, hopefully my friend can help me out.

Does anyone have actual wiring diagrams, and looking at the swap, I see these motors going into 240's, miata's, supra's, trucks, but most of all, I saw even that bike! So am I making this to difficult in my mind? I just see so many things, I guess since I dont know what they do that Im worried.

Thanks if you can help,
jeffrey

Jeffrey, it sounds like you need to get the Repair Manual, Electrical Wiring Diagrams, and the New Car Features books about the 1UZ and the cars it came in, and start reading. Then get someone to work with you on the new wiring and what needs to go where.

Go here to get to the Toyota TechInfo website page to order hard copies of nearly anything Toyota prints for their cars: http://www.techinfo.toyota.com/public/main/mdc.html

When you call, ask them for the last major revision of the NCF for the engine you have because Toyota doesn't reprint the full tech description in the NCF every year, only when there is a major change in the motor (like when it went to the VVTi configuration in 199:cool:.

Or....... just pull off the EMS and EFI completely, plug up the injector holes, slap a 4bbl Holley on it, put an MSD on it and call it good! That'll simplify your harnessing a lot!

John

Hey man thats awsome that your going for the 1uz mr2! Im in the process of 2 5vz's here...

As far as wiring goes..toyota is really good at keeping the engine harness seperate from body harness...so what im doing with the v6 for testing is keeping the stock harness/ecu for my first start up then going to ems (something like you want to do)

Now all you really need is the engine harness and find the wires that the ecu needs for "switched" and "constant" 12v power, then the grounds as well and there ground points.

yeah, thanks for the input. I have a guy locally thats great at wiring up custom setups, he is doing the job for me, I believe he is on the board now as well named NODE. I have the SC400 complete car harness as well as engine harness so hopefully we have more than needed, as well as having the full car if I left off any plugs or sensors. The best thing is that all the wiring pin outs are labeled the same from an MR2 to a SC400. Although the SC has more output/inputs (o2 sensors and two distributers) it should be a problem!

jeff

lowboost said:
yeah, thanks for the input. I have a guy locally thats great at wiring up custom setups, he is doing the job for me, I believe he is on the board now as well named NODE. I have the SC400 complete car harness as well as engine harness so hopefully we have more than needed, as well as having the full car if I left off any plugs or sensors. The best thing is that all the wiring pin outs are labeled the same from an MR2 to a SC400. Although the SC has more output/inputs (o2 sensors and two distributers) it should be a problem!

jeff
yea i know node i am working with him on 5vz stuff :)

see the thing is, if you just got a regular engine harness it just plugs into place into the ecu and all the sensors...the only thing you woul dhave to splice in is the power and ground points.

The only thing is the second o2 you have to either get a URDUSA secondary O2 sensor simulator or get node to put both sensors in there :)

well i would just use 2
if your keeping this stock NA
then get node to make to ports jsut before each runner connects to each other.
Then find out using the book or someone on this board what the Voltage on the rear 2 sensors require ot be happy. At which point you can just copy the voltage using resistors or something (which urd uses).

yeah, thanks for your help, right now I moved my alternator and I have to worry wiring later, still waiting on all the hardware parts (I call the adapter, flywheel, and new trans), software is wiring and programming side(last to come!) well last after mountiing it! hehee

jeff

Whats the trans configuration like? I have a 93 Mr2 NA that would love a V8!!
Its got to be work. The last guy to do it, I believe it took two years and then he sold it for 16K I think. The motor was done in red and looked like a bad ass!
Best wishes!
-

Lowboost, i would like to know more about needing to cut the car--
What on the 1uz-fe is going to interfere with the car? Is it the heads/valve covers, or is it too long, or ?

hello everybody,

im lost here. im going to buy a 1u v8 engine soon. i have a few question n hopefully u guys can sort it out for me.
1. can the 1u engine be converted using carb instead of injection? the reason is i have difficulty finding the wirring harness and ecu. here in my country u dont see 1u v8 engine being transplant.
2. im planning to use my T50 gearbox on the 1u engine. what are the items required to to complete the job e.g the bell housing? can the t50 whitstand the power of the 1u?

thanks.
cheers,joe