Motor/Transmission Mounts

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sniper

Super Moderator
Making a set of custom mounts is one of the first steps many of us have to take when beginning our 1UZ swaps. I have created this thread for members to share and show off their custom mount designs to help give others who are just starting their swap, a few ideas on how they can go about fabricated a set of mounts. You can either post just photos of your handy work, or feel free to expand on your photos and explain what materials you used and perhaps why you fabricated the piece the way you did. You may even include a link to your build thread!

Last edited:
Thanx for uplaoding these pics sniper... This is what i have been looking for!!!

Can i ask how these mounts went for you?? Were they strong enough to support the engine with its torque twist etc? Would you change the design knowing how it went?

Any more info/feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Im currently researching engine mounts for a 1uz in a s13.. :D

Cheers

I am about to make some mounts as well and would also like to see as many other pics
I am also contemplating solid mounts - is this feasible ? or will the vibration be a killer ?
the 1uzfe engine is supposed to be "buttery smooth" so this translate into less vibrations...... anyone done solid mounts ?

Im glad you found it helpful!

Thanx for uplaoding these pics sniper... This is what i have been looking for!!!

Can i ask how these mounts went for you?? Were they strong enough to support the engine with its torque twist etc? Would you change the design knowing how it went?

Any more info/feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Im currently researching engine mounts for a 1uz in a s13.. :D

Cheers

I would change the mount design. Issue right now is that the bolt goes through the rubber isolater so it puts stress on the bolt. I am going to try and re-do my mounds to a bushing style, where the bolt goes through the center of the bushing.

Here are some mounts from Muzza_NZ who is working on a Series 2 RX7 build.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the mounts for my 1uz into E36 BMW coupe.tried to keep real simple.
Have made ear style mount that fits onto original bmw position on xmember.have used a nolathane radius style bush in the tube that bolts to engine.
Rear xmember is just 60mmx6mm flat bent to shape and bolts into orinal BMW gearbox position

Here is the 3D model of my '87 Supra mount. Not shown are the two shim plates (2 x 1/16") for fine tuning the center and level of the engine in the bay as well as the backing plate to sandwich the frame between it and the mount base....yes, this is a solid mount. I should hopefully have a picture of the real thing next week.

attachment.php

Great posts, Thanks everyone, this is exactly what I was hoping for! Keep em coming!

Here's my mounts - 1985 Hilux

A bit of clearance for custom headers... made from 10mm mild steel. Bushes were leftovers from a kit that I had.

Enjoy!

Hey guys, these are for my Tacoma (Hilux) + 1UZ. I'm going to be making some new ears to weld onto the frame to match the engine mounts I just made. The stock frame mounts just don't look near as strong. But for now I have the mounts done and they will work great. The body has a 2.5" lift on it. I wanted the engine up a little bit to accommodate the higher transmission position (for ground clearance).

tacoma_1uzinstall_32.jpg

tacoma_1uzinstall_63l.jpg

Swapped into an AE86 Corolla using an S13 subframe. This might be a little more extreme than most people are willing to go though. The actual mounts are Energy Suspension units for heavy duty GM truck trannys.

Rollabuild032.jpg

Rollabuild037.jpg

Much more room for the exhaust than I was originally expecting. This is going to be much easier to work on than the 4 cyl ever was.

Rollabuild038.jpg

Rollabuild047.jpg

more
got the version 1.0 mounts made up today

12-8-09001.jpg

installed passingers side

12-8-09002.jpg

3-4" to the sway bar

12-8-09003.jpg

1/8-1/4" to the cross member

12-8-09005.jpg

bottom of the oil pan is a touch above flush with the cross member (1 1/2" between the sump and cross member up top)

12-8-09004.jpg

mount pics for 96 hilux/tacoma

I know there were some on here way back... need some help getting pics for 1uz into a 96 hilux/tacoma

thanks!

EngineBay6259650.jpg1UZ in a Mazda Familia mini pick-up racer.
FinishedMotorMounts5969sm650.jpgFinished (solid) race car motor mounts. The motor mounts bolted into the pads where the 1JZ used to be

MotorMountsm65002.jpgFinished right (steering) side motor mount bolted in place. Plenty of room for the headers.