Mid-Mount 1UZFE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hello,

Have anyone in here or know anyone with a Mid-Mount 1uz in their car or kit car? I wonder would a Porsche or VW Transaxial would work in this case.

Mid mount 1uz

Hi David,
I am building my Countach replica as mid mount with the Audi 016 box have had the Adaptor and flywheel and Clutch made up to suit, i have researched this for 4 years, and have collected just about all the info there is , it is quite easy to do, the only down side is 1st gear is 3.60 with a couple of rear ratios like 4.11 and 3.89, but hey who needs first any way, first is only good for 25mph at 5k but the 1uz should go to 7k so that should be enough,some porsche 944 use the same 016 with a torque tube attached, gearbox is good for 350-400 hp, i have attached a couple of data sheets hope it helps, have heeps more info web info etc if needed. this site has some different ratios as well http://www.gt40club.clara.net/technics.htm
Regards
Lambo

016 gearboxes

Hi david, The 016 gearboxes are from the Audi 100 or 200 or (5000 series that went to the usa/canada, the box has an aluminum front with a steel section behind with the gears followed by a another aluminium section at the rear, the gearchange is operated from the top on your drivers side, a stronger box is the 01e here is a site address with all the info this box came out behind the Audi v8, http://www.elektro.com/~audi/01E/ have not seen one in New Zealand yet it would be more expensive.
The files I sent by pm cover the various models and 016 serial numbers and the ratios, the serial number is on top of the trans at the very top of the bellhousing
Regards
Lambo

Cost of tranny

David, the Audi 016 is the cheapest have picked them up for $70 nz, next would be the Renault about 2200up nz , the zf would be 14,000 nz, don't no about the o1e i would think here about 2000 nz, the Renault is hard to find think they went to the usa in a Jeep Medalion ???, and lotus espirit, the current preferered choice is the Renault 21 Turbo un1-013 box. With 4 spiders etc
Regards
Lambo

buggy bits

Hi Lextreme , i like the pics of the yellow one better than the blue one, my only throught is the space available, the audi o16/o1e is 200mm from the front of the bell housing to the drive flanges, it does not look like you have much space infront of the trans, if you put the motor behind 5 reverse gears may not be that usuable, the Renault box, which i also have here can be inverted easily ,the front of the bellhousing behind the clutch has 2 bumps in it the crown wheel is easily flipped over to spin the other way, the 016 maybe possible to invert there was some discussion about this on www.gt40s.com in the archieves, but i think the Renault is the way to go if you can find one. And the 4 spider version would take the load no problem.
Regards
Lambo

I was thinking removing the rear seat and use that space for the engine. Lambo, do u know those trannies are direct fit as the shaft is concern or do i need a custom shaft.

buggy bits

David, not quite sure which shaft you mean, the Audi 016 input shaft fits into a spigot bearing with a small adapter, i have the bearing number somewhere, i am using a beefed up Mazda rx7 mk4 clutch it all fits in the bell housing, had to skim 1.5 out of the housing.
Make sure if you get a 016 that it is with a hydraulic clutch not cable type they came in both.
Regards
Lambo