Major Issues - 92 SC400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

maverick

Hi everyone, i have major issues with my 92 Sc400.
After successfully starting, the engine and all the electronics switch off soon after. Sometimes the car will not start at all.
Is it as simple as a replacement battery? Or is it more involved with connections or wiring?
I tend to think its not the battery due to the fact that the car is initially starting withour hassel.
Its off to the auto electrician today, but hoping someone else can shed some light.
Cheers,:happysad:

Check to see if the battery cables are tightly fitted and secure onto the battery leads...Make sure there are good connections....A loose battery cable could be your culprit...Secondly maybe the factory alarm is giving you issues which would suck, disconnect the battery for a few minutes to allow the reset process and see what happens....Fouling ECU maybe.. Ignition short is also possibly...Hard to say...

Sounds like either ignition short or maybe a problem with your ignition switch. I would say spray some contact cleaner in it and see if that helps, but I don't know if that's good for an ignition switch that's key operated (usually uses a special lubricant in it). When your car doesn't start, does it even turn over at all or does it turn over but just not start? If its the later, I'd doubt the ignition. If it does not turn over, it most likely is the ignition switch or its wiring. I believe these cars are bad about having wires grounding out (as with any luxury car) and going bad b/c of the complexity of the system and the sheer number of wires that travel throughout the car.