1990 LS 400 water pump/timing belt/major tune up

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LSPinoy

hello everyone. i own a 1990 Lexus LS 400 with air suspension and trac control. could someone give me a list of all the parts needed to do all of this? and if it all possible could you give me a price list?

or where to get the oem parts for the best price.

i dont mind getting all oem parts, but are there parts on the list i could get that may be less expensive than the oem parts that is just as reliable or even better?

i would greatly appreciate it. thank you in advance.

blessings

alex

Dude just about finished doing my sc400.

Parts i used are as follows..

Distributor Caps and Rotors - (bosch)
Spark plugs and new Leads - (ngk)
Serpentine belt - (repco)
Timing Belt - (geniune)
Cam Idler Bearing and Cam Tensioner Bearing - (local bearing shop)
Water pump and o-rings - (geniune)

sorry to hijack the thread, just bought a '94 LS400 w/ 155k miles on it. On a scale of 1 - 10 I am about a 7 or 8 with my mechanical skills. The LS400 has not had the timing belt changed, I would like to save some $ and do it myself but can't get to it until mid-feb. Can I get an easy peak at the belt to see what kind of wear it has? or does this require disassembling half the items needed to replace (so I may as well replace)

TIA

Remove your drivers side plug cover (the black cover with silver silver stripes on top of the head. It has silver writing on it) and you can see the cam belt where it runs over the cam pulley.

You will also need to remove the plastic cover behind the ISCV as it needs to come of before the plug cover.

prices of parts, good plug leads?

Hi Superlex

To get an idea, roughly how much did you pay for the parts?

I also heard that the repco plug leads are no good, what other alternatives have people tried to the expensive genuine ones ($270??)? and do they fit as well as the genuine ones?

superlex1 said:
Dude just about finished doing my sc400.

Parts i used are as follows..

Distributor Caps and Rotors - (bosch)
Spark plugs and new Leads - (ngk)
Serpentine belt - (repco)
Timing Belt - (geniune)
Cam Idler Bearing and Cam Tensioner Bearing - (local bearing shop)
Water pump and o-rings - (geniune)

Distributor Caps $45 x2
Rotor button $12 x2
Spark plugs $10 x8
Leads $200
Serpentine belt $55
Timing Belt $50
Cam Idler Bearing $69
Cam Tensioner Bearing $115
Water pump and o-rings $145

Spark Leads - anyone tried other than $390 Toyota?

Thanks superlex1

Any thoughts on lead brands anyone? Peter Scott (planet soarer) was impressed with the Toyota ones ($390), not with the Topgun ones ($200), and I've heard the Repco ones aren't great?

What brands were the $200 leads (Bosch?)

Are the bosch ones good, which ones fit like genuine so you can get the covers on?

superlex1 said:
Distributor Caps $45 x2
Rotor button $12 x2
Spark plugs $10 x8
Leads $200
Serpentine belt $55
Timing Belt $50
Cam Idler Bearing $69
Cam Tensioner Bearing $115
Water pump and o-rings $145