MagnaFlow + S&S header

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

FedeX

Hi guys, I just order a set of MagnaFlow exhaust for my 95 SC400 plus have a set of SS header been sitting in my closet for almost a year. Now tax return have come I finnally have a change to take it to the shop and get them install. My question is what problem should I expect to run into? I want to take all the cats off. Jibbby can you please chime in on this since I can PM you. I read a lot of your post over at CL. They ban you over there :no: . Thanks in advance for all your reply.

You will need to build downpipes from the header outlets to the stock exhaust Y pipe. You could of course also build a new Y pipe. To build the downpipes you will need an extra set of 3 bolt flanges from S&S. In the passenger side downpipe (on USDM cars) you can install an EGR flange to keep your stock egr system or delete the system. S&S has the EGR flanges.

To build the downpipes you will need a couple of 45 degree mandrell bent 2.25" pipes, two 3 bolt flanges (from S&S) and a set of 2 bolt flanges (universal, custom made or cut from stock cats). After installing the headers bolt the 3bolt flanges to the headers, bolt the 2 bolt flanges to the stock exhaust, cut the 45 degree mandrell pipes, one each side, to basically replace the stock cat location. Weld. If you are adding an EGR do so then in the passenger downpipe.

Hi guys, I just order a set of MagnaFlow exhaust for my 95 SC400 plus have a set of SS header been sitting in my closet for almost a year. Now tax return have come I finnally have a change to take it to the shop and get them install. My question is what problem should I expect to run into? I want to take all the cats off. Jibbby can you please chime in on this since I can PM you. I read a lot of your post over at CL. They ban you over there :no: . Thanks in advance for all your reply.

While you're installing the SS headers, then why not building a complete downpipe section from the SS headers all the way to end of the muffler tips? Also, 4 more triangle flanges (for both sides) to divide the downpipe section into shorter sections for easier installation or removal. 2.25" diameter is a pretty good size. I wouldn't want to go larger than this side. Perhaps you might need the resonators and huge oval mufflers to keep the noise down when you delete the cats. You'll still be able to hear the "GGRr.." alot. It'll be very loud without the cats and with the larger headers. Expect to gain about 10 hp. You'll gain even more hp with a custom true cold air intake system (the air filter is tuck under the engine bay and behind the bumper). I'd say at least 15 hp more for both setups.