MA61 with 1GZ-Fe swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Yes, I have looms & the twin ecus the only thing I don't have is the accelerator pedal/electrics as it is drive by wire.
I am hoping other Toyota models will match up.

The road rules are tough and because of pollution controls I must use stock everything. I may have to cheat make it look like the stock ecu is running the engine.
Haltec have a version that can run 12cyl and others can be adapted, first is to try the stock electrics.

I anticipate with
(1) stock electrics
(2) free flow exhaust
(3) free flow induction & shorter runners (& no variable intake)

(1) more response
(2) more horsepower
(3) less torque

The main thing is to get it going then street legal.

That is amazing. You have to post this on Celicasupra so the other Mk2 guys over there can gaze at its awsomeness. Just based on how far forward the 1UZ is for me the 1GZ I never thought would fit even as close as well as it does for you. I am highly impressed, keep it up.

- John

I modified my crossmember to fit the UZ but now I am altering the mounts on a stock crossmember. If I was to delete the a/c evaporator, dent in the firewall and use a smaller bellhousing I could have nearly as much room as the stock 5M in the front.

I am using the 6Litre GM bell/fly/clutch rather than a small multi plate.
Not willing to give up a/c just yet but may find it more time/pain/$ than it's worth.

Can't seem to activate my Celicasupra account!

I modified my crossmember to fit the UZ but now I am altering the mounts on a stock crossmember. If I was to delete the a/c evaporator, dent in the firewall and use a smaller bellhousing I could have nearly as much room as the stock 5M in the front.

I am using the 6Litre GM bell/fly/clutch rather than a small multi plate.
Not willing to give up a/c just yet but may find it more time/pain/$ than it's worth.

Can't seem to activate my Celicasupra account!

I'll send a PM to Malloy, the admin there about that. He personally loves these kind of swaps and will help you out. Did you use the same account name? Most of the mk2 guys on that site know nothing of the Toyota V motors. I had at least one person think the 1uz had 8 bolt mains. They would love to see this. Looks good by the way,

- John

So how long till you can hang that motor in the engine bay for a size up? I would love to see what it looks like in the supra engine bay of only hung on the hoist.

Yes, does look better in the bay and not so gigantic.

If the a/c evap was removed and firewall dented in, the engine could go back more, but using a large bell, that creates more problems.

I have relocated all pipes and beat the tunnel for extra clearance,
any more space needed will take hard core work.

Norbies gearing calculator indicates 1580rpm @ 62mph (100km/hr)
This should be good, anyway "G" 3.9 & 4.1 are easy to find.

Finally making some headway with the adaptor plate, fitted dowels for gearbox and if the engine dowels work out as good as these have,
I'll be most satisfied (and amazed)

Supragarage109.jpg

Awesome job so far, I have a complete Factory workshop manual for this engine, Most of it is japanese obviosly but there are clearences and torque settings in english that may be helpful. Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks ANDY R, that could be great, I got a stack of wiring looms but no electronic throttle sender unit, hopefully another Toyota fly by wire accelerator will be the same.
If I know the colour code of the pedal wires I could probably find the plug.

This box is full of ecus, afms, fuse boxs, intake ducts, 10 miles of wires and plugs.

Supragarage072.jpg

Sorry Crambo, All I have is the engine manual, It also has a complete parts listing with toyota part numbers that covers everything from sump to rocker covers. I purchased it from a website called "IMPORT MONSTER" They were very good with delivery and usually over quote (on import charges etc) a bit so there are no surprises at the end. If you go on there and search "GZG50" they have the complete electrical manaul / wiring diagrams for the century.

ANDY R, I presume you have an engine? If you do, is it a secret what you are going to do with it?
Just between you and me I have a second engine arriving any day now!
It was called a "core engine for parts" so I expect it has some internal
failure?
This next engine will be stripped down for a rebuild as a hy po unit in the future, for the time being it will be stored in case I need a crank or head.

No engine yet, Have been looking for ages and just found them for sale on that website, now just trying to get the money together, shouldn't be too long now. It is destined for my JZA80. Plan is to run a Motec M800 with ignition expander so I don't have to use up all the axuliary outputs, get it running first and then do the usual N/A mods heads, cams, compression.

no need for an ignition expander unless you want sequential ignition. I'm running an Autronic SM4 which is just as good and will be running it in wasted spark configuration (as it was from the factory).

I agree that Autronic are just as good, Motec just a personal preference. I want sequential injection not ignition and for this I need to use up 4 ignition outputs which only leaves 2, not enough even for wasted spark. Let me know if this is not correct as I am no expert.