M90 Eaton lubrication dramas.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

quadcam boat

My problem is that the front bearing of my supercharger is getting noisy. The engine see attached picture (pre supercharger) is fitted on a 15 degree angle, and I think that the front bearing is now starved of oil.

How is the front bearing in the snout of these superchargers lubricated? The oil level is just below the bearing height and I am wondering if the front bearing is actually packed in grease. Or does the oil get splashed around and work its way up there?

I could overfill the housing if I tapped a hole a put a fill bung in the top of the gearcase, however how do these blowers breath as the oil expands. I thought with the small amount of oil in them they don't need a breather. If I did run more oil in it, I would need to fit a breather in my new fill hole? Or are they connected to the pressure side of the inlet tract so pressure equalizes between the gearcase and the inside of the rotor housing like the toyota s12 & s14 blowers so the seals have no pressure difference either side of them?

Anyone got any ideas/ answers??
Thanks,
Andrew.

Here are some better pics of my problem.
The first photo you can see off the top of the spirit level where the oil level is at the moment.

The second photo is where I think the oil level would need to be to lubricate the front bearing. Notice the grercase would be almost totaly full.

Third photo shows where the oil level usually is in the gearcase (at the bottom of the fill plug).

If I filled the gearcase right up, there could be problems with an air pocket forming in the pulley end of the blower snout as the end of the snout is higher than the gearcase end...

I would have to put a breather in...

If I fill the gearcase that full, I will also suffer extra drag from all the oil churning between the gears and bearings.....

I have found a solution. I am getting a sealed self lubricated bearing for the front of the housing. My local bearing man found a SKF one that is rated to 15000RPM and should do the job. I will leave the front seal out of the blower because the bearing is sealed and the original blower seal is now not needed. I will then put in the normal amount oil to do its job for the rear snout bearing, gears, and rotor pack bearings. Problem solved!!!!!