M112 On Richwood Manifold

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fugly

How many other people out there are running a 112 blower on a Richwood/Bullet manifold? Just curious what setups your using and if anybody has had any problems with uneven air distribution.

I must be the only one!

The only other people using a 112 that i've read about so far are OZVENOM & JORDYSKI BOAT & they using self modifyed manifolds, is there any others out there???

I'll be running that setup "soon", but since the project isn't finished, I didn't reply earlier. Motor is ready, but we're waiting on the manifold and new pulley set to be finished.

My thoughts.

I can't see why there would be any issue with uneven air flow under pressure. As in an inflated balloon the pressue is constant in all areas.

The reason i asked is i have already melted 1 piston badly(no 3) & started melting no1&no2 pistons ,motors stock, I was wondering with the characteristic of this style blower which sucks in the rear and force the air towards the front of the blower which is above pistons 3&4, could it have leaned out these front cylinders.
the tune was done by a very compentant person, A/F ratios were about 11.7 but this ratio is an average over 4 pistons, timing 17 degrees total under 9lb boost.
I will put some photos on when i work out how.

Measure the EGTs, depending on what the tuner has access to one bank at a time or ultimately all 8 at once. That will tell you if there are any air distribution problems or lazy injectors.

I have already fitted another std motor, while i had it apart i welded sockets in to all of the extracter pipes to do just that, i am able to moniter 4 cyls at once(left bank at moment), so far there is no indication that there is a problem with any cyl but i haven't done a decent burnout yet, which is what i was doing when i melted the last motor.
Am a little lost as to what when wrong.

Have you had the injectors flow tested/balanced?
Sounds like a fuel distribution problem, but individual EGT's will tell.
If the injectors come up okay it could be a distribution problem within the fuel rails feeding the injectors.
Are you running standard fuel rails/injectors or modded?
How close to maxing out the fuel pump are you also.
If the pump is doing it hard and there is a slight distribution uneven ness, you will lean out the hardest to feed cylinders first.
But again, EGT's will tell this.
Cheers
Trev

In my last post thats what i was talking about, measuring EGT's, and thats why i am monitering the left bank as it was no3 piston that melted, so far all of the temp's are pretty even.
I am using a bosch 044 fuel pump, (surposed to supply 700hp) & 3/8 supply & return lines
Injecters are standard have been cleaned and flowed, base fuel pressure is 50Lb, fuel rails are standard but twin feed, twin return to the reg
thanks for your thoughts

i think it would be difficult to get over 375 rwhp withe the stock injectors.. i have a feeling you were making over that..and even though you were pulling timing out of it,, you were able to get the pistons hot..i thnk you should get some larger injectors--it sounds like you have everything else you need to make more power..

Attachments

• HPIM0124.JPG
    HPIM0124.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 3
On a dyno dynamics dyno in shootout, this setup ran 317rwhp.
In reguards to duty,the guy who tuned it said i was using 84% at 6000rpm.
I have already bought 7MGTE injectors but haven't been able to fit them yet, i have only just received the correct wiring plugs so they will be going in very soon.
thanks for your comments

our-US- toyota v8s come with,(i think) 250 cc inj.. i think the jdm v8s use 215 cc inj.. do you know what your injectors "flowed" when you had them checked? and at what pressure?

I ve actually got 3 JDM 1UZ's & 1 USADM 1UZ, they all have the violet injector part no 23250-50010 which flow 251cc at test pressure of 290kpa.
I don't know the exact individual flowed cc's of my injectors ,i do remember that they were within 5% of each other at 43psi.
When i melted pistons the base fuel pressure was set at 45psi ,i have since increased the base fuel pressure to 50psi to make it safer also taken 2 degrees ignition timing out everywhere on boost also adding NULON pro strength octane booster in BP ULTIMATE unleaded

I'm just going by what i have seen & got, so far i haven't seen any 1UZ with these dark green injectors.
Those figures i quoted about the violet injectors came from a comprehensive listing put out by a company ADVANCED ENGINE MANAGMENT.

There certainly doesn't seem to be any particular pattern of what car/engine came with what injector
These injectors will soon have little relevance to my setup as i will soon be fitting the black 7MGTE injectors, should have no shortage of fuel then.